Ollie Dog Food Salt
Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Numerous proprietors find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, as well as far better overall wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount rate for our viewers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods having big quantities of actual animal healthy protein as well as organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does seem that many dogs that have actually formerly suffered some belly concerns or allergies do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting regarding Ollie’s component list:
- Genuine meat is the leading active ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats and also organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are made by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No fabricated flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe has a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other delicious ingredients.
Ollie provides 4 recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip review too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his eats– just a good reason to round off the ice cream), I review the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, but I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I need to claim– really, truly beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food make a mess. Easier clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to an additional with no gradual change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I always examine individuals that assert that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could pertain to not correctly moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to finally changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever earned any type of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually simply hangs around or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective definitely seems to show that he’s a big fan. That, and the large quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little nervous concerning switching over to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely enjoys eating his dinner out of challenge playthings.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp and sticky , a number of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to start making use of extra LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing tool to use in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to finish it, as well as the licking activity is extremely comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain also ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several owners have born witness noticing a shinier coat, decreased itching because of allergies, boosted energy and also– in some cases– even some behavior enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what concerning me– did I notice any kind of change in Remy? I did notice a couple of big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less smelly– all basic indicators of better wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not promptly observe up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy young boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his scratching as well as licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of specific note or observations concerning his itchiness.
But, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching as well as scratching far more than he did previously.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, indicating that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This suggests I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will certainly trying out other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the size and also needs of your dog, yet Ollie costs about anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of several pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing expense vs value.
For one, complimentary delivery means time and also effort saved since you won’t need to consistently visit PetSmart and also haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting can additionally indicate less journeys to the vet’s workplace, conserving serious cash with time and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Do not forget– Our visitors can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the suggestion of at least attempting and also exploring with fresh dog food far more possible, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for food digestion + might relieve some health concerns and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require cautious managing like raw food does, while still offering some of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food option
- Not compatible with a lot of problem toys
- A little extra work than feeding kibble (although about the very same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just does not work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to provide your dog excellent grub, definitely give Ollie a try.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an impressive ingredient list. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any dog, proprietors of canines that are choosy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have suspicious poops will specifically take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth trying as well as evaluating for yourself if the advantages are worth the price. While I didn’t see any kind of miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and also it seems like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those large puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you might have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger pet dogs call for ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t forget, you can also get amazing discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise boasts impressive protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?