Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Numerous proprietors find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, and much better total health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods including large amounts of actual pet protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does appear that several dogs that have formerly experienced some tummy problems or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting regarding Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Real meat is the primary ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe contains a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie offers four recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can check out our video evaluation too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his eats– just a good excuse to round off the ice cream), I go through the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and– I need to say– truly, truly beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn clean– I rarely had a stray piece of food mistake. Simpler clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food button for that matter), it’s important to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one kind of food to another without any progressive change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This is part of the reason I constantly question individuals that claim that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can concern not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, before lastly switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever made any kind of response from Remy in the past. He usually simply socializes or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His modification in attitude definitely seems to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, and also the copious quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely loves consuming his dinner out of problem toys, I was originally a little anxious concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , many of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to begin using a lot more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding tool to use in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to complete it, and the licking motion is extremely comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have actually testified to noticing a shinier coat, lowered itching because of allergic reactions, boosted energy and– in many cases– even some behavior improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what concerning me– did I see any sort of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a few big modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and a lot less smelly– all basic indicators of improved health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t right away notice till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly decreased Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his licking and also damaging . I really did not make any certain note or observations regarding his itchiness when I changed Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and scraping a lot more than he did before.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been helping with. This suggests I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly explore various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the dimension and demands of your dog, but Ollie prices about anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this may be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and also effort conserved since you won’t need to frequently visit PetSmart as well as haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting might likewise mean less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving significant cash in time as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the idea of at the very least trying out and trying with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + might reduce some health and wellness problems and allergy issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, less odorous poops
- Does not call for cautious handling like raw food does, while still offering several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with many challenge playthings
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just does not work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to use your dog wonderful grub, certainly give Ollie a shot.
It’s a really premium fresh food with an impressive ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any type of dog, proprietors of pet dogs that are choosy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at least worth reviewing and also attempting for yourself if the advantages deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, as well as it appears like the food might have aided with his allergies.
Beware– you could have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those large pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog ( larger pets require ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
But do not forget, you can additionally get fantastic discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?