Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Lots of proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergies, even more energy, as well as far better general health and wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides straight shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods including large quantities of real pet healthy protein and organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, yet it does seem that many pets that have formerly experienced some tummy problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the leading ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish contains a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other delicious components.
Ollie uses 4 recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial room for his eats– simply a excellent excuse to round off the ice cream), I go through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I need to say– truly, really helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food make a mess. Easier cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food switch for that issue), it’s crucial to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to one more with no gradual change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I always question individuals that assert that a specific brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might relate to not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to finally switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too a lot.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never earned any type of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or rests until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His modification in perspective absolutely seems to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, and the generous amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little anxious regarding switching over to fresh dog food because Remy definitely loves consuming his supper out of problem playthings.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and also wet , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply decided to begin making use of more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a quite incredible tool to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is extremely relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have demonstrated discovering a shinier coat, minimized itching because of allergies, improved power as well as– in many cases– also some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I observe any kind of change in Remy? I did discover a few large changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less foul-smelling– all general indicators of enhanced health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not quickly see up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his licking and also scratching . I really did not make any certain note or monitorings concerning his itchiness when I switched Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and scraping much more than he did before.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, indicating that he possibly has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been helping with. This implies I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will certainly experiment with various other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have pictured, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The exact price of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the dimension as well as needs of your dog, yet Ollie costs about anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this might be beyond several pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing expense vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time as well as initiative conserved since you will not need to on a regular basis check out PetSmart and carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting might likewise mean fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving severe cash money gradually as well as potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the concept of at the very least attempting and also trying out with fresh dog food far more attainable, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for food digestion + may minimize some wellness issues and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Does not call for careful taking care of like raw food does, while still offering some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with the majority of problem playthings
- Somewhat a lot more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just does not work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to supply your dog wonderful grub, certainly offer Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an outstanding component listing. While Ollie is a great alternative for any kind of dog, proprietors of dogs that are particular eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will specifically gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at the very least worth trying as well as examining for yourself if the advantages deserve the cost. While I really did not see any type of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he adored the food, and also it feels like the food may have aided with his allergies.
Be cautious– you could have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog provides you those large young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs call for ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
But do not forget, you can likewise obtain fantastic discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the bargains discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?