Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Lots of owners locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, even more power, and also much better overall health for their pet dogs.
- Special price cut for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods including large amounts of actual pet healthy protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, yet it does appear that numerous dogs that have formerly endured some stomach problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the top ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are created by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie provides four recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable area for his consumes– simply a good reason to round off the ice cream), I go through the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I have to say– actually, actually helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really simple to dig the food.
The packages also have a little a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I rarely had a stray item of food mistake. Less complicated clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one kind of food to an additional with no gradual shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I always examine folks that declare that a certain brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might pertain to not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another number of days, before ultimately switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever made any type of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
However, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very impatient at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in mindset absolutely seems to indicate that he’s a big follower. That, and also the massive quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely likes consuming his supper out of challenge playthings, I was initially a little worried regarding switching over to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and wet , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just chose to start using more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it worked out great.
LickiMats are a rather awesome device to use along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to finish it, as well as the licking activity is extremely calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many proprietors have actually testified to observing a shinier coat, reduced itching because of allergies, enhanced energy as well as– in some cases– even some behavioral improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what about me– did I discover any type of sort of change in Remy? I did see a couple of large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as much less smelly– all general indicators of improved health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not right away notice up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his licking and damaging . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of specific note or observations concerning his irritation.
But, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching as well as scraping far more than he did previously.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, showing that he most likely has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This means I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly experiment with various other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The precise cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the size as well as needs of your dog, but Ollie costs about anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this may be outside of several pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
However– it is worth thinking about a few of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing price vs worth.
For one, totally free distribution means time and effort conserved because you won’t need to consistently see PetSmart and lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could likewise suggest fewer journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving severe cash gradually and also possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the concept of at the very least attempting as well as experimenting with fresh dog food far more possible, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for digestion + may reduce some wellness concerns and also allergy concerns
- Smaller, stronger, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t require mindful managing like raw food does, while still offering some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included benefit as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food choice
- Not suitable with the majority of challenge toys
- Somewhat extra job than feeding kibble (although concerning the same amount of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to supply your dog wonderful grub, most definitely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a really premium fresh food with an remarkable ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent choice for any kind of dog, owners of pet dogs who are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will particularly take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth assessing as well as attempting for yourself if the advantages are worth the price. While I really did not see any incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he was crazy about the food, as well as it looks like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those big pup dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with very little processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger pets need ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can also get amazing discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?