Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Many owners locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergies, even more energy, and much better general wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods having big quantities of genuine pet healthy protein and organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, but it does seem that lots of canines that have actually formerly endured some belly concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the primary component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might eat it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other yummy components.
Ollie uses four dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his eats– simply a great excuse to round off the ice cream), I read through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I have to claim– really, really beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually simple to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food make a mess. Simpler cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to an additional with no steady shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I constantly examine individuals that claim that a specific brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could relate to not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, before finally switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he could have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never gained any type of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just socializes or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to get really impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and also make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude certainly appears to show that he’s a huge follower. That, and the generous quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little anxious regarding switching to fresh dog food since Remy definitely loves eating his supper out of problem playthings.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just made a decision to begin making use of more LickiMats and packed Kongs and it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding tool to utilize together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to finish it, and also the licking motion is very calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous proprietors have actually testified to observing a shinier layer, minimized itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced power as well as– sometimes– even some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what concerning me– did I see any type of sort of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a couple of huge modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also much less foul-smelling– all general signs of improved health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t quickly discover till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his licking and scraping . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any particular note or observations regarding his itching.
When switching over off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and damaging much more than he did in the past.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, showing that he possibly has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been assisting with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly try out various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the dimension as well as requirements of your dog, however Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outdoors of many pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing cost vs value.
For one, free shipment means time as well as effort conserved considering that you will not require to routinely see PetSmart as well as haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting might likewise suggest fewer trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving major money gradually as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t fail to remember– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-lasting, it definitely makes the idea of a minimum of exploring and attempting with fresh dog food much more achievable, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for digestion + may relieve some wellness issues and allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t need careful dealing with like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included convenience and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Includes adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food choice
- Not suitable with a lot of problem toys
- A little a lot more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely provide Ollie a try if you desire to provide your dog great grub.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an excellent active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a terrific option for any dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have suspicious poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth evaluating and attempting for yourself if the advantages deserve the cost. While I really did not see any miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were excellent, he loved the food, and also it looks like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you could have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog provides you those huge pup dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the size of your dog ( larger pets need ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can additionally get wonderful discounts on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?