Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Lots of proprietors discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergies, even more power, and much better general health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount for our visitors– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to concentrate on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods having big amounts of actual animal healthy protein as well as organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does seem that several dogs that have formerly endured some tummy issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting regarding Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the primary component, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats and organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No artificial flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe consists of a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other tasty components.
Ollie offers 4 dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video clip testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some significant space for his eats– simply a good excuse to round off the gelato), I review the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute as well as– I have to say– truly, really useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a stray item of food make a mess. Less complicated cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to another without any gradual transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I constantly question people that claim that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it could concern not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, before ultimately changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he may have liked it a little too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever gained any kind of response from Remy in the past. He typically just socializes or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get really anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His change in perspective definitely seems to show that he’s a big follower. That, and the massive quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely loves consuming his dinner out of puzzle toys, I was initially a little worried regarding changing to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is wet as well as sticky , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply made a decision to start making use of more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable device to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to finish it, and also the licking activity is extremely relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry pets occupied for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have demonstrated discovering a shinier coat, lowered itching as a result of allergic reactions, improved energy and– in many cases– even some behavioral enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I notice any type of kind of change in Remy? I did discover a couple of large modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all basic indications of better health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not immediately observe until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his damaging and licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any specific note or observations regarding his itching.
However, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching as well as scratching much more than he did previously.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This suggests I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will certainly trying out other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The specific price of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the size as well as requirements of your dog, yet Ollie costs roughly anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this might be beyond lots of pet parents’ spending plans.
However– it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating price vs worth.
For one, cost-free delivery means time as well as effort conserved since you will not require to consistently visit PetSmart as well as lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting could additionally indicate fewer trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving major money in time as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at least experimenting and attempting with fresh dog food a lot more possible, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + may alleviate some health and wellness problems as well as allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, firmer, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t call for careful taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food option
- Not suitable with many challenge toys
- Slightly more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely provide Ollie a shot if you want to offer your dog terrific grub.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an remarkable ingredient listing. While Ollie is a great option for any type of dog, owners of pets that are choosy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth attempting and evaluating for yourself if the advantages deserve the cost. While I really did not see any incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he loved the food, as well as it seems like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those large puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with very little handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger pets need ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can additionally obtain great discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the bargains pointed out in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise boasts remarkable protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?