Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Lots of proprietors find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergic reactions, more power, and also much better overall health and wellness for their dogs.
- Unique price cut for our visitors– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that supplies straight shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on high quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods including large quantities of actual animal healthy protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does seem that numerous dogs that have formerly suffered some stomach problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting about Ollie’s component listing:
- Genuine meat is the top component, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are made by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe has a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie uses four recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his consumes– simply a good justification to finish off the gelato), I review the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I need to say– really, really helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly simple to dig the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a roaming item of food make a mess. Much easier cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s vital to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one sort of food to another without any steady change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine folks who claim that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might have to do with not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to lastly switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he might have liked it a little way too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never made any sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just socializes or rests until I call him over for supper.
However, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to get very impatient at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude absolutely seems to suggest that he’s a big fan. That, and also the large quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his supper out of problem playthings, I was originally a little anxious about changing to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , many of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply decided to start using more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it functioned out fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite amazing tool to utilize combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to finish it, and the licking motion is really relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry canines inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have actually demonstrated seeing a shinier coat, lowered itching because of allergies, improved energy and also– sometimes– even some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I discover any kind of sort of change in Remy? I did notice a few large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and a lot less smelly– all basic indicators of enhanced wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not promptly discover till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely minimized Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his licking and also scraping . I didn’t make any type of certain note or observations concerning his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
But, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching as well as scratching much more than he did previously.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, indicating that he most likely has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This means I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will experiment with various other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The specific cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the size as well as demands of your dog, but Ollie costs approximately anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outside of numerous pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing expense vs value.
For one, free shipment means time and effort conserved because you will not need to routinely visit PetSmart as well as lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could additionally suggest less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving serious money with time as well as potentially prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of at least trying and exploring with fresh dog food far more attainable, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for digestion + might alleviate some health and wellness concerns and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Does not call for careful taking care of like raw food does, while still offering a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Includes cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food option
- Not compatible with the majority of challenge toys
- A little extra job than feeding kibble (although about the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely offer Ollie a shot if you want to supply your dog excellent grub.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an outstanding component list. While Ollie is a great option for any kind of dog, proprietors of pets that are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have questionable poops will particularly take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth reviewing and trying on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I really did not see any kind of amazing changes in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he adored the food, as well as it feels like the food might have helped with his allergies.
Be cautious– you may have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog gives you those big puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with very little processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the size of your dog ( larger dogs need ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not forget, you can likewise obtain great discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?