Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Lots of proprietors locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more power, and also better overall wellness for their dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to focus on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge quantities of genuine pet protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, but it does appear that many pet dogs that have formerly experienced some tummy problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting regarding Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the number one ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are made by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie provides four dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his consumes– simply a good justification to finish off the ice cream), I review the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, however I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I need to claim– really, truly valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets likewise have a little a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food mistake. Simpler clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to an additional without any steady change is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I always examine people that declare that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can relate to not correctly moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to finally changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he could have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never made any type of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude absolutely appears to indicate that he’s a big follower. That, and the large amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little worried regarding changing to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of puzzle playthings.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to start utilizing much more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a quite amazing device to use together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and the licking movement is extremely soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Many proprietors have testified to seeing a shinier coat, minimized itching due to allergic reactions, boosted energy and also– in many cases– also some behavior improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I observe any sort of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a few huge modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less foul-smelling– all basic indicators of improved wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t right away notice till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his scraping and also licking . I didn’t make any kind of specific note or observations concerning his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and also scratching much more than he did in the past.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, indicating that he possibly has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been aiding with. This implies I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will experiment with various other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The precise rate of your Ollie delivery will rely on the dimension and requirements of your dog, yet Ollie costs roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this might be outside of lots of pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and also initiative conserved since you won’t require to regularly go to PetSmart as well as lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can additionally mean less journeys to the vet’s workplace, conserving major cash with time as well as potentially extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at least trying and experimenting with fresh dog food far more attainable, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for food digestion + might relieve some health concerns and also allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t require careful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added convenience as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Includes charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with a lot of problem playthings
- A little a lot more work than feeding kibble (although about the same quantity of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just doesn’t function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely offer Ollie a shot if you want to offer your dog excellent grub.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an impressive ingredient list. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any dog, proprietors of dogs that are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have doubtful poops will particularly take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at least worth trying and reviewing on your own if the benefits are worth the rate. While I really did not see any kind of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were great, he adored the food, and it looks like the food might have helped with his allergies.
Be careful– you may have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog provides you those large pup dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal processing to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger pets call for ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
However do not forget, you can also obtain amazing price cuts on your first order of Ollie with a few of the offers mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?