Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Many proprietors discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more power, and better total wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods containing huge amounts of genuine animal healthy protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does appear that several pets that have formerly suffered some stomach issues or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting about Ollie’s component listing:
- Actual meat is the top component, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats and body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are created by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious ingredients.
Ollie provides four dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some significant area for his eats– simply a great justification to finish off the ice cream), I read through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, but I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and– I need to state– really, truly beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I rarely had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Much easier cleaning is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food button for that issue), it’s vital to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one type of food to one more with no gradual change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I constantly examine people that claim that a specific brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it can concern not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to ultimately switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he may have liked it a little excessive.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever made any type of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective absolutely appears to suggest that he’s a big fan. That, and also the copious quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little worried regarding switching over to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely likes consuming his supper out of puzzle playthings.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky as well as wet , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply chose to begin using much more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding tool to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to complete it, and the licking activity is extremely comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several owners have born witness noticing a shinier coat, minimized itching because of allergic reactions, enhanced energy and also– in some cases– also some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I observe any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a few huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and a lot less foul-smelling– all general indicators of better wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t immediately see till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy kid for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his licking and also damaging . I really did not make any type of certain note or observations concerning his itchiness when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and also scraping a lot more than he did in the past.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, indicating that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had been helping with. This implies I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will certainly experiment with other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t exactly cheap.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will depend on the dimension and requirements of your dog, however Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outdoors of lots of pet parents’ spending plans.
However– it deserves thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing cost vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time and also initiative conserved given that you will not need to on a regular basis see PetSmart as well as carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can likewise imply less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving serious cash over time as well as possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of at least attempting as well as exploring with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for food digestion + might minimize some wellness problems as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require careful managing like raw food does, while still offering a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included convenience as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food option
- Not suitable with many problem toys
- Slightly much more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to use your dog excellent grub, certainly offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an excellent component checklist. While Ollie is a excellent option for any type of dog, proprietors of pets that are choosy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have doubtful poops will especially take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth attempting and assessing on your own if the benefits are worth the price. While I didn’t see any kind of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, and it looks like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those big young puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff, beware– you may have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with minimal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger pets call for ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not forget, you can also obtain great discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?