Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Many proprietors discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergies, more energy, as well as better overall health for their dogs.
- Unique discount for our visitors– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives straight delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on top quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having huge quantities of real pet protein as well as body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, yet it does seem that numerous dogs that have actually previously experienced some stomach issues or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting concerning Ollie’s component list:
- Genuine meat is the leading ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as whole meats and body organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No artificial flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish has a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie offers four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video clip testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial room for his eats– simply a excellent reason to round off the ice cream), I read through the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I have to claim– really, really helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray item of food mistake. Much easier cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to another with no gradual transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I constantly question people who assert that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it might involve not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, before lastly changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little way too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never gained any type of sort of response from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or rests till I call him over for supper.
However, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His change in attitude absolutely appears to show that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the generous amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious concerning changing to fresh dog food since Remy definitely likes eating his dinner out of problem playthings.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and also damp , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just determined to begin making use of a lot more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and it worked out great.
LickiMats are a quite awesome tool to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to complete it, as well as the licking activity is extremely soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of proprietors have born witness observing a shinier coat, minimized itching due to allergic reactions, improved energy as well as– in many cases– even some behavioral renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what regarding me– did I observe any type of sort of change in Remy? I did notice a few big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all basic indicators of improved wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t immediately see until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his damaging and also licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of particular note or observations concerning his itchiness.
But, when turning off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and also scraping much more than he did before.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, showing that he possibly has some allergy issues that Ollie had been assisting with. This indicates I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will experiment with other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The specific price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension as well as requirements of your dog, however Ollie prices roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of numerous pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining price vs worth.
For one, complimentary shipment means time as well as initiative saved because you won’t need to frequently visit PetSmart and haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can likewise mean fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving major money over time and also potentially extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t fail to remember– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at the very least trying out and also trying with fresh dog food much more achievable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for food digestion + may reduce some wellness issues and also allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for careful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added convenience and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with a lot of challenge playthings
- Somewhat a lot more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply does not function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely provide Ollie a shot if you desire to offer your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an excellent active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any type of dog, owners of canines that are fussy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have suspicious poops will specifically benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth attempting as well as reviewing on your own if the benefits deserve the rate. While I really did not see any type of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he adored the food, as well as it seems like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you may have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog gives you those large pup dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger canines call for ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Yet do not fail to remember, you can likewise get wonderful discounts on your initial order of Ollie with a few of the offers pointed out in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts outstanding protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?