Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergic reactions, more energy, and also far better general health and wellness for their pets.
- Unique price cut for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on high quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods including large amounts of actual animal protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does appear that several pet dogs that have formerly experienced some belly concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting concerning Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the number one component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and also organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No synthetic tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you can consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish has a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video clip evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his eats– just a excellent reason to finish off the ice cream), I go through the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming as well as– I have to claim– actually, actually beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Easier cleaning is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to one more with no gradual change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I always examine folks who claim that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can relate to not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before ultimately switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never made any type of sort of response from Remy in the past. He normally simply socializes or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really restless at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His modification in attitude absolutely seems to suggest that he’s a huge follower. That, and the copious amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely loves consuming his supper out of problem playthings, I was originally a little nervous regarding changing to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is wet and sticky , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to begin utilizing much more LickiMats and packed Kongs and it worked out great.
LickiMats are a rather amazing device to make use of along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to complete it, and the licking activity is extremely calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry canines occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have actually demonstrated discovering a shinier coat, reduced itching due to allergies, enhanced power and also– in some cases– even some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I notice any kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a couple of large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less stinky– all general signs of improved health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t instantly see until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his licking as well as scratching . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of particular note or monitorings regarding his itchiness.
When switching over off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching as well as damaging a lot more than he did in the past.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, showing that he most likely has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This suggests I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will certainly try out other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the dimension and also demands of your dog, however Ollie costs approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of numerous pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
However– it is worth thinking about some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining price vs worth.
For one, cost-free delivery means time as well as initiative conserved since you will not require to on a regular basis visit PetSmart and also carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could also indicate fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving significant money over time and also potentially extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our readers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at least experimenting as well as trying with fresh dog food far more possible, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for digestion + may ease some health and wellness issues and allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need careful taking care of like raw food does, while still providing several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food option
- Not suitable with most problem toys
- A little much more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training work– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely offer Ollie a shot if you desire to provide your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an excellent ingredient list. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any kind of dog, owners of dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will specifically take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth reviewing as well as trying for yourself if the advantages are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he adored the food, as well as it seems like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those large young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you could have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with very little processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger canines call for ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Do not forget, you can likewise get great price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally boasts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?