Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Many owners find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more power, and much better general health and wellness for their canines.
- Unique discount rate for our viewers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers straight distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having big quantities of genuine pet protein and also organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does appear that numerous canines that have actually previously experienced some stomach problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting concerning Ollie’s component listing:
- Genuine meat is the top active ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as whole meats as well as body organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish contains a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other delicious components.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his eats– just a great excuse to round off the ice cream), I check out the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable as well as– I have to claim– truly, actually valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly very easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Easier cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one kind of food to another with no progressive change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I constantly examine individuals who assert that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could pertain to not properly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to lastly switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he may have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never gained any type of type of response from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or rests until I call him over for supper.
However, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to get very restless at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective absolutely seems to indicate that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the large quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious about switching over to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely enjoys eating his supper out of puzzle toys.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky as well as wet , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to start using more LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding tool to make use of along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is extremely relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry canines occupied for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have demonstrated noticing a shinier layer, minimized itching due to allergic reactions, boosted energy as well as– in some cases– even some behavioral renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a few large changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also much less smelly– all basic signs of better health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t promptly observe until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his licking and also damaging . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of specific note or observations concerning his itching.
However, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and also damaging far more than he did previously.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, suggesting that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been helping with. This means I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will certainly experiment with various other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will rely on the size as well as requirements of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of lots of pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing price vs worth.
For one, complimentary distribution means time and initiative conserved considering that you will not require to on a regular basis check out PetSmart as well as haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can additionally mean less journeys to the vet’s workplace, conserving serious money over time and also possibly prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not forget– Our visitors can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of a minimum of trying and also exploring with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for food digestion + may alleviate some wellness issues and allergy problems
- Smaller, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t call for cautious handling like raw food does, while still providing several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of problem playthings
- Somewhat a lot more work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to supply your dog fantastic grub, definitely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an excellent active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any kind of dog, proprietors of pet dogs that are fussy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth reviewing and also trying on your own if the advantages deserve the cost. While I really did not see any kind of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he adored the food, and also it looks like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you could have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog provides you those huge puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with minimal processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs require ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Yet do not forget, you can additionally get great discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?