Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Many proprietors find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more energy, and much better overall health and wellness for their dogs.
- Unique discount for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to focus on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods including big amounts of real pet healthy protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does seem that numerous dogs that have previously suffered some belly problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting regarding Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Real meat is the top active ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as entire meats as well as organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No synthetic tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe includes a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie offers four dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip review too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some significant space for his consumes– just a good reason to round off the ice cream), I check out the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I need to say– actually, really helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I rarely had a stray item of food mistake. Less complicated clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to an additional without any progressive shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I always examine individuals that declare that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it could involve not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more couple of days, before finally switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever made any type of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His change in attitude definitely seems to indicate that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the copious quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely enjoys eating his dinner out of problem playthings, I was originally a little anxious concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and also damp , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply determined to begin utilizing extra LickiMats and packed Kongs as well as it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty incredible tool to make use of combined with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to complete it, and also the licking activity is really soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep even ultra-hungry canines inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many owners have actually demonstrated seeing a shinier layer, reduced itching as a result of allergies, boosted energy and– in some cases– even some behavior renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what about me– did I observe any kind of type of modification in Remy? I did notice a couple of large changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as much less stinky– all basic indications of better health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t instantly see up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his scratching as well as licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of particular note or monitorings regarding his itchiness.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching and also damaging far more than he did in the past.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, suggesting that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This implies I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will certainly try out various other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the dimension and also requirements of your dog, however Ollie prices about anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this may be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ budgets.
Nonetheless– it deserves taking into consideration several of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing price vs worth.
For one, cost-free delivery means time and initiative conserved because you won’t need to on a regular basis visit PetSmart and also lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can additionally suggest fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, saving significant cash money with time and potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the idea of a minimum of trying out and also attempting with fresh dog food far more possible, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for digestion + might ease some health problems as well as allergy problems
- Smaller, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t call for careful dealing with like raw food does, while still providing a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with most puzzle toys
- Somewhat more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training work– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply does not function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to provide your dog fantastic grub, most definitely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an impressive active ingredient list. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any dog, owners of dogs that are picky eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will especially benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth attempting as well as reviewing for yourself if the benefits deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any kind of amazing modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he was crazy about the food, and it seems like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those large puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, be cautious– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger canines require ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Yet don’t forget, you can additionally obtain superb discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts remarkable healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?