Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergies, more power, and also far better total health for their dogs.
- Special discount for our visitors– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that provides straight delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on high quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge amounts of genuine pet healthy protein and organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does appear that several dogs that have formerly suffered some belly problems or allergies do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Real meat is the primary active ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats and body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No man-made flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie uses four dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial area for his eats– simply a good justification to round off the gelato), I check out the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I have to say– actually, truly useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Easier cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to an additional without any gradual transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I always question individuals who assert that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it might involve not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we began giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for another number of days, before ultimately changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little as well a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever made any type of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally simply socializes or rests up until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His modification in attitude absolutely seems to show that he’s a large follower. That, as well as the massive quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little nervous regarding switching to fresh dog food because Remy definitely enjoys consuming his dinner out of problem toys.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp and sticky , most of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just determined to start making use of a lot more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a quite awesome device to make use of combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, as well as the licking motion is extremely comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous owners have demonstrated noticing a shinier coat, decreased itching due to allergies, improved energy as well as– sometimes– also some behavioral enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what concerning me– did I see any kind of type of change in Remy? I did see a couple of huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as much less stinky– all general indications of enhanced health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t immediately discover until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his licking and scraping . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any particular note or observations concerning his irritation.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching and also scratching much even more than he did before.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This means I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly explore other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically low-cost.
The specific cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the dimension and requirements of your dog, yet Ollie costs roughly anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outside of several pet parents’ budgets.
However– it deserves thinking about several of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating cost vs worth.
For one, free delivery means time as well as initiative conserved given that you will not require to on a regular basis check out PetSmart and lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can likewise suggest fewer trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving major cash with time and possibly prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last lasting, it certainly makes the concept of a minimum of trying out and trying with fresh dog food much more achievable, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for food digestion + might ease some health and wellness issues and also allergy issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Does not call for careful handling like raw food does, while still providing several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with a lot of problem toys
- Slightly a lot more work than feeding kibble (although about the same quantity of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just does not work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly offer Ollie a try if you desire to offer your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an impressive active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent option for any dog, proprietors of canines that are fussy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have doubtful poops will especially benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth examining and trying on your own if the benefits are worth the price. While I didn’t see any amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and it looks like the food may have aided with his allergies.
Be cautious– you may have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog offers you those huge puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger pets require ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
But don’t neglect, you can also get great discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals mentioned in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?