Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Many proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more power, and far better general health for their pets.
- Unique discount for our viewers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge quantities of genuine animal healthy protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, yet it does seem that many pet dogs that have formerly suffered some stomach issues or allergies do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Actual meat is the number one active ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as whole meats and also organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are created by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe has a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video review also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial room for his eats– simply a good excuse to round off the gelato), I go through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable as well as– I have to claim– actually, really useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually simple to dig the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Simpler cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to one more without any progressive transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I always question individuals who claim that a specific brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might concern not properly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before lastly switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever earned any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs around or rests till I call him over for supper.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His change in perspective definitely appears to indicate that he’s a large fan. That, and the copious quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely likes eating his supper out of challenge playthings, I was originally a little anxious concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and wet , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to begin using a lot more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing device to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is extremely comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have actually born witness seeing a shinier coat, lowered itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced energy and– in some cases– even some behavior renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I observe any kind of kind of change in Remy? I did see a couple of big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all general indications of better wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not instantly observe up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his licking and also scratching . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any particular note or observations concerning his irritation.
When changing off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching and damaging much even more than he did previously.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This means I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will certainly try out various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The precise rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size as well as needs of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this may be beyond several pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
Nevertheless– it is worth thinking about several of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating price vs value.
For one, free distribution means time and initiative saved since you will not need to consistently visit PetSmart and carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting could also imply less trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving severe money with time as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of a minimum of attempting and experimenting with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for food digestion + may alleviate some wellness issues and also allergy issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still giving some of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with a lot of problem toys
- A little more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to offer your dog fantastic grub, certainly offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an excellent ingredient listing. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any dog, owners of pet dogs who are choosy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have doubtful poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at least worth attempting as well as assessing for yourself if the benefits are worth the price. While I didn’t see any miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were excellent, he was crazy about the food, as well as it looks like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those big young puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things, beware– you could have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs need ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can likewise get wonderful discounts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts outstanding protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?