Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Many proprietors locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more power, and much better general health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount for our viewers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that provides straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods having big quantities of actual pet healthy protein and also body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, but it does seem that numerous canines that have previously experienced some belly problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the primary component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No fabricated flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other tasty ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip testimonial too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his eats– simply a good excuse to round off the ice cream), I check out the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I have to say– truly, really beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really simple to dig the food.
The packets also have a little a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter rather darn clean– I rarely had a stray item of food mistake. Less complicated cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food button for that matter), it’s crucial to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to one more without any gradual change is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I constantly question people who declare that a particular brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could involve not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started out offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to lastly changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he may have liked it a little excessive.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever made any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs out or rests till I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and also make him wait!
His change in attitude certainly seems to show that he’s a huge fan. That, and the massive quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely likes eating his supper out of challenge toys, I was originally a little nervous concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and also damp , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply determined to start using a lot more LickiMats and packed Kongs and it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a rather awesome device to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to finish it, and also the licking motion is extremely soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep even ultra-hungry pets occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Many proprietors have born witness seeing a shinier layer, lowered itching due to allergic reactions, boosted energy and also– sometimes– also some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I observe any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a few huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and much less stinky– all basic indications of improved health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t quickly see till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his damaging and also licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of specific note or observations regarding his itching.
But, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching and also scratching a lot more than he did before.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, showing that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had been helping with. This implies I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will explore other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension as well as needs of your dog, but Ollie costs approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Sadly, this might be outside of several pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing expense vs worth.
For one, totally free distribution means time as well as effort conserved given that you won’t need to consistently check out PetSmart as well as lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can likewise imply less trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving serious cash money with time and possibly extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t fail to remember– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the suggestion of at the very least trying out and trying with fresh dog food much more attainable, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + might minimize some health issues and allergy problems
- Smaller, stronger, less scent-laden poops
- Does not need careful managing like raw food does, while still offering a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with a lot of challenge toys
- A little a lot more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to provide your dog terrific grub, most definitely offer Ollie a try.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an remarkable ingredient listing. While Ollie is a excellent option for any type of dog, owners of pets that are choosy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have doubtful poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth assessing and also trying on your own if the benefits are worth the rate. While I really did not see any type of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he was crazy about the food, as well as it seems like the food may have helped with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those big pup dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you may have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs need ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not neglect, you can additionally obtain great discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals mentioned in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Includes cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?