Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Lots of owners find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergies, more energy, as well as much better total health for their dogs.
- Special price cut for our visitors– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides direct distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to focus on high quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods containing huge amounts of real pet healthy protein as well as body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, yet it does seem that lots of dogs that have actually formerly suffered some belly problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting about Ollie’s component listing:
- Actual meat is the number one ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other tasty components.
Ollie offers four dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable room for his eats– just a good excuse to finish off the ice cream), I read through the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I need to state– really, truly helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Easier cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one type of food to one more with no progressive shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine people that declare that a particular brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can relate to not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before finally switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever gained any kind of type of response from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs around or rests until I call him over for supper.
However, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in perspective certainly seems to indicate that he’s a large follower. That, and the generous quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious regarding changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of challenge toys.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky as well as wet , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just chose to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it worked out great.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing device to make use of together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is extremely soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have actually testified to seeing a shinier coat, minimized itching due to allergies, enhanced power as well as– in some cases– even some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I discover any kind of type of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a few big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less smelly– all basic indications of better health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t immediately see up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his scratching as well as licking . I didn’t make any type of particular note or observations regarding his itchiness when I switched Remy to Ollie.
But, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching and also damaging far more than he did previously.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been helping with. This means I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will certainly try out other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The specific cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size and needs of your dog, yet Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of lots of pet parents’ spending plans.
However– it is worth considering some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining cost vs worth.
For one, cost-free delivery means time and also initiative saved because you will not need to consistently see PetSmart and haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting might additionally imply fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving significant cash money gradually and possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at least exploring and also attempting with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + may ease some wellness issues as well as allergy concerns
- Smaller, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still offering some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of problem playthings
- Slightly much more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the same amount of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to supply your dog terrific grub, absolutely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent option for any kind of dog, proprietors of pet dogs that are choosy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will specifically gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at least worth trying and also assessing on your own if the benefits are worth the price. While I didn’t see any miraculous changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he loved the food, as well as it feels like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those huge pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you might have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with very little handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger pets call for ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However don’t neglect, you can likewise get superb discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with a few of the bargains discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise boasts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?