Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, even more power, and much better general health and wellness for their canines.
- Special discount for our readers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives direct shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge quantities of actual pet protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does appear that many dogs that have previously endured some stomach issues or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting about Ollie’s component checklist:
- Genuine meat is the primary component, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as entire meats and also body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy components.
Ollie provides four dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some significant area for his eats– simply a excellent justification to finish off the gelato), I check out the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I need to say– actually, truly beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a little a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I seldom had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Simpler cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s vital to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to an additional with no gradual change is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I always question individuals that assert that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can concern not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to finally switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he could have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never earned any kind of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally simply socializes or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to get really anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset certainly seems to indicate that he’s a big follower. That, and also the large quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little nervous regarding switching over to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes eating his dinner out of challenge toys.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply chose to start making use of much more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it exercised excellent.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding device to use together with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably even more time to complete it, and also the licking activity is very comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have actually demonstrated noticing a shinier layer, reduced itching as a result of allergies, boosted power and also– in many cases– even some behavioral renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what concerning me– did I see any type of modification in Remy? I did notice a couple of big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also much less smelly– all basic indicators of better wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not immediately notice until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his damaging and also licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of specific note or observations regarding his irritation.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching as well as scratching a lot even more than he did in the past.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, indicating that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This means I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will explore various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the dimension and also demands of your dog, yet Ollie costs approximately anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this might be beyond lots of pet parents’ budgets.
Nonetheless– it is worth considering several of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing price vs worth.
For one, free distribution means time and also effort conserved considering that you won’t need to regularly see PetSmart as well as carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can also imply less trips to the veterinarian’s office, saving serious cash with time and also possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t fail to remember– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-term, it absolutely makes the concept of at the very least attempting as well as experimenting with fresh dog food a lot more possible, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for digestion + may alleviate some health and wellness problems and also allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t call for mindful handling like raw food does, while still supplying several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added ease as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with most challenge toys
- Slightly more job than feeding kibble (although about the very same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply doesn’t work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to use your dog terrific grub, absolutely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an impressive component checklist. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any dog, owners of pet dogs that are particular eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth reviewing and also trying for yourself if the advantages are worth the price. While I really did not see any type of amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he was crazy about the food, and it appears like the food might have aided with his allergies.
Be careful– you might have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog offers you those huge puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t forget, you can additionally get great discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers pointed out in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?