Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Lots of proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergic reactions, more power, as well as much better overall health for their dogs.
- Unique price cut for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on top quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big quantities of real pet protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does appear that several canines that have formerly endured some tummy problems or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting regarding Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the primary component, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you might consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish consists of a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his eats– simply a great excuse to round off the ice cream), I review the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I have to say– really, truly beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really easy to scoop out the food.
The packets likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a stray item of food make a mess. Less complicated cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s vital to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to an additional without any gradual change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I constantly examine individuals who declare that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it could pertain to not properly migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for another number of days, before lastly changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever gained any type of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just socializes or rests till I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His modification in attitude definitely appears to suggest that he’s a huge fan. That, and also the copious amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious regarding changing to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely loves consuming his supper out of problem playthings.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply made a decision to start using a lot more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable tool to utilize together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is very calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several proprietors have actually testified to seeing a shinier layer, reduced itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced energy and also– in some cases– also some behavior enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I observe any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a couple of large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and much less stinky– all basic signs of enhanced health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t right away notice up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy kid for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his damaging and also licking . I really did not make any type of particular note or monitorings regarding his itching when I switched Remy to Ollie.
However, when turning off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching and scraping far more than he did previously.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, suggesting that he probably has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This suggests I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will try out other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The specific rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension and requirements of your dog, but Ollie prices about anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Sadly, this might be beyond lots of pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining expense vs value.
For one, free shipment means time and effort conserved considering that you won’t require to frequently go to PetSmart as well as lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term can likewise imply less trips to the vet’s office, saving serious cash over time as well as potentially prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t fail to remember– Our readers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at the very least attempting and also exploring with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for digestion + might ease some health concerns and also allergy issues
- Smaller, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added ease and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with most problem toys
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to offer your dog excellent grub, absolutely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an remarkable ingredient listing. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any dog, owners of canines who are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have questionable poops will particularly gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at least worth reviewing and also trying for yourself if the advantages deserve the cost. While I really did not see any kind of miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he loved the food, and also it appears like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those large pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things, be cautious– you could have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Yet do not fail to remember, you can additionally obtain wonderful discounts on your initial order of Ollie with several of the bargains mentioned in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts impressive protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?