Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Lots of owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergies, more energy, and also better overall wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing huge amounts of genuine animal healthy protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, however it does seem that numerous dogs that have actually formerly suffered some stomach issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting concerning Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Real meat is the primary active ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you can consume it, if you intended to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy ingredients.
Ollie supplies four recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his eats– simply a great excuse to finish off the ice cream), I check out the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and also– I need to state– truly, truly helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually simple to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a little a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a stray item of food make a mess. Less complicated clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to an additional with no steady transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I constantly examine individuals who declare that a specific brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it could pertain to not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, before ultimately changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never earned any kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally simply socializes or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get very antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His modification in attitude certainly appears to indicate that he’s a large follower. That, and the massive quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little nervous about switching to fresh dog food since Remy definitely loves eating his dinner out of problem playthings.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp and sticky , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just determined to begin making use of a lot more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it exercised excellent.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable device to utilize combined with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is very calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have born witness observing a shinier coat, reduced itching due to allergies, enhanced power as well as– in some cases– also some behavior renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what about me– did I see any sort of change in Remy? I did notice a few big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as a lot less stinky– all general indications of better health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t promptly discover till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his scraping as well as licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of specific note or monitorings regarding his itchiness.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching as well as damaging far more than he did previously.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, showing that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This means I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will trying out other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The precise rate of your Ollie delivery will rely on the dimension and demands of your dog, yet Ollie costs roughly anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outside of many pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and initiative saved given that you won’t require to on a regular basis see PetSmart as well as carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can also mean fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving major cash gradually as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Do not fail to remember– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of a minimum of experimenting and attempting with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for digestion + might relieve some health concerns as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t call for mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still offering some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with most challenge toys
- Somewhat a lot more work than feeding kibble (although about the same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to offer your dog great grub, most definitely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any kind of dog, owners of canines that are choosy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have suspicious poops will particularly take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth evaluating and attempting for yourself if the benefits are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he was crazy about the food, and also it looks like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you could have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those huge young puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog ( larger pet dogs call for ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can additionally get great discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?