Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Lots of proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergies, more energy, as well as much better general wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that offers straight distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big quantities of real animal healthy protein and also body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, yet it does seem that lots of pet dogs that have actually previously suffered some tummy problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the leading active ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as whole meats and also organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you can consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other delicious components.
Ollie offers four dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his eats– just a great reason to finish off the gelato), I read through the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and– I need to claim– truly, truly helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Simpler cleaning is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to another without any steady change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I always examine people that declare that a particular brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it could relate to not correctly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, prior to ultimately switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he might have liked it a little way too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever earned any type of type of response from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs out or rests till I call him over for dinner.
However, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to get really impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective certainly seems to suggest that he’s a large follower. That, and the generous quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little anxious concerning switching to fresh dog food because Remy definitely loves consuming his dinner out of puzzle playthings.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is wet and also sticky , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and also it worked out great.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding tool to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to complete it, and the licking motion is extremely comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain also ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have testified to discovering a shinier coat, reduced itching due to allergic reactions, improved energy and– sometimes– also some behavior renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I discover any kind of change in Remy? I did discover a few big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all basic indicators of enhanced health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t immediately observe until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for a long time now, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his licking and also damaging . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of particular note or monitorings concerning his itchiness.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching and also scratching much more than he did in the past.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will try out various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The exact price of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the size as well as requirements of your dog, but Ollie costs roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of lots of pet parents’ budget plans.
Nevertheless– it deserves considering a few of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing price vs value.
For one, free delivery means time as well as initiative conserved because you won’t require to on a regular basis check out PetSmart and carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting could additionally indicate fewer trips to the vet’s office, conserving significant cash in time and possibly expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our readers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at least attempting and trying out with fresh dog food far more possible, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + might reduce some health issues as well as allergy concerns
- Smaller, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still giving a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included ease and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with the majority of problem toys
- A little more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just does not function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to supply your dog fantastic grub, most definitely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an remarkable ingredient listing. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any type of dog, proprietors of pet dogs that are picky eaters, have delicate tummies, or have doubtful poops will specifically take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth assessing as well as attempting for yourself if the advantages are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, and it feels like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
Be cautious– you may have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog provides you those huge puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with very little handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog ( larger pet dogs need ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can likewise get amazing discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?