Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Several proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergies, more energy, and also better general wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our viewers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big quantities of actual animal protein as well as body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does seem that many pets that have formerly suffered some belly issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting concerning Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the number one ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe consists of a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie offers four recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his eats– simply a great reason to finish off the ice cream), I review the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute as well as– I have to claim– truly, really helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly simple to scoop out the food.
The packets likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to an additional without any gradual change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I always examine individuals who claim that a specific brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it could have to do with not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more couple of days, before finally switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little also a lot.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever made any kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs around or rests until I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His modification in mindset certainly seems to suggest that he’s a large follower. That, and the copious amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little nervous regarding changing to fresh dog food because Remy definitely loves consuming his dinner out of puzzle toys.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp and sticky , many of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply chose to start using extra LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding device to use combined with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is very calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many owners have born witness discovering a shinier layer, decreased itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted energy and– in some cases– even some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I notice any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did see a few huge modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less smelly– all basic signs of improved health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not immediately discover till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy young boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his damaging as well as licking . I didn’t make any kind of certain note or monitorings concerning his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
But, when switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching and also scratching a lot more than he did before.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This indicates I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will explore various other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the dimension as well as demands of your dog, but Ollie expenses about anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this may be beyond lots of pet moms and dads’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it deserves thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining expense vs value.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and initiative saved because you won’t need to regularly visit PetSmart as well as lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting might likewise indicate fewer journeys to the vet’s office, conserving significant cash over time and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at the very least trying and also trying out with fresh dog food much more attainable, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for food digestion + might ease some health concerns and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not require cautious handling like raw food does, while still giving several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included benefit and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food choice
- Not suitable with the majority of problem playthings
- A little much more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just does not work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to provide your dog terrific grub, absolutely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an excellent active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent option for any type of dog, proprietors of canines who are choosy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will specifically benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth attempting and examining for yourself if the advantages deserve the cost. While I really did not see any amazing changes in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he loved the food, and also it seems like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those huge young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, beware– you may have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs call for ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can additionally get wonderful discounts on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?