Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Lots of proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, and better total health and wellness for their pets.
- Special discount for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives straight distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to focus on high quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge amounts of actual animal protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, but it does seem that many pets that have actually previously experienced some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s component list:
- Genuine meat is the top ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No man-made flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish contains a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video evaluation also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant area for his eats– simply a excellent justification to finish off the gelato), I check out the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and– I have to say– actually, actually valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I seldom had a stray piece of food mistake. Easier clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to one more with no steady transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I always question folks that claim that a certain brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could involve not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we began providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more couple of days, before finally changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little too a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never earned any type of response from Remy in the past. He usually simply hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to get really anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective definitely seems to suggest that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the large quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little anxious concerning switching to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely loves consuming his dinner out of challenge toys.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and wet , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply decided to start making use of a lot more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding tool to use in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and also the licking activity is extremely comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several proprietors have actually testified to seeing a shinier layer, lowered itching due to allergic reactions, boosted energy as well as– sometimes– even some behavioral enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I observe any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a few huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also a lot less smelly– all general indicators of better health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t instantly see till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely decreased Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy kid for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his scraping and also licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any certain note or monitorings regarding his itchiness.
When changing off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching and damaging a lot more than he did before.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, suggesting that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This indicates I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will certainly trying out other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The precise rate of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the size and also demands of your dog, however Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outdoors of several pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
Nonetheless– it is worth thinking about a few of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing cost vs worth.
For one, complimentary distribution means time and also initiative conserved since you won’t require to regularly check out PetSmart and haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term could additionally indicate fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving severe money gradually as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the concept of at the very least trying as well as experimenting with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for digestion + might reduce some wellness problems and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t call for cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying some of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for added comfort and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Includes cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with most puzzle playthings
- Slightly more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely provide Ollie a shot if you want to offer your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a great choice for any type of dog, owners of pet dogs that are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will especially benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth evaluating and attempting for yourself if the advantages are worth the cost. While I really did not see any amazing modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he loved the food, and also it appears like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you could have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog provides you those large pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with very little processing to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger canines need ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
But do not forget, you can additionally get wonderful price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?