Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergic reactions, more energy, and also better general health for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big amounts of actual pet healthy protein as well as body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does appear that numerous pet dogs that have actually formerly experienced some stomach problems or allergies do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s component listing:
- Genuine meat is the top component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats as well as body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No man-made flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie uses four recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip evaluation too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his consumes– simply a good reason to finish off the gelato), I check out the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable as well as– I need to claim– actually, really valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly very easy to dig the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food mistake. Less complicated cleaning is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to one more without any steady shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I always question people who declare that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it can relate to not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to finally switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he might have liked it a little too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never made any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He typically just socializes or rests until I call him over for supper.
However, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and also make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective definitely appears to suggest that he’s a large follower. That, and also the massive amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes eating his dinner out of puzzle toys, I was at first a little nervous concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is wet and also sticky , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply made a decision to start utilizing extra LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and it worked out great.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding tool to use along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is extremely calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry pets inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous owners have born witness noticing a shinier coat, minimized itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced energy and also– in many cases– even some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I discover any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a few large modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and a lot less smelly– all basic indications of better wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not immediately notice until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his damaging as well as licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of certain note or monitorings concerning his itching.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching as well as damaging much even more than he did before.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, showing that he most likely has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This implies I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will certainly explore various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The exact cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the dimension and also requirements of your dog, but Ollie prices about anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this may be beyond lots of pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves taking into consideration several of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining price vs worth.
For one, free distribution means time and effort conserved because you will not need to consistently check out PetSmart and haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting can also imply less trips to the vet’s workplace, saving serious cash over time as well as potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our visitors can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it certainly makes the idea of a minimum of trying and experimenting with fresh dog food far more possible, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for food digestion + may relieve some health issues as well as allergy issues
- Smaller, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require mindful managing like raw food does, while still providing a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food choice
- Not suitable with most problem toys
- Somewhat extra work than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just doesn’t function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to supply your dog terrific grub, certainly provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an excellent active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent option for any dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are picky eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth attempting and reviewing for yourself if the advantages deserve the cost. While I really did not see any kind of remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he adored the food, as well as it seems like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you might have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog provides you those large puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the size of your dog (bigger pets call for ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Yet do not neglect, you can also get wonderful discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?