Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Numerous owners find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergies, more energy, and much better total health for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that provides direct distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods including large quantities of genuine animal protein and also body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, yet it does appear that numerous canines that have actually formerly suffered some belly concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Actual meat is the top component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe has a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other tasty components.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his consumes– just a great excuse to finish off the gelato), I check out the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I need to state– actually, truly valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly easy to scoop out the food.
The packets likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray item of food make a mess. Easier clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one type of food to an additional without any progressive transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine folks who claim that a specific brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might involve not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to lastly switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never gained any kind of type of response from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs around or rests till I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get really antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset definitely appears to show that he’s a large fan. That, and the massive amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little nervous concerning changing to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely loves consuming his dinner out of puzzle toys.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp and also sticky , much of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to start using more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and it functioned out terrific.
LickiMats are a rather awesome tool to use in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to finish it, and also the licking motion is really relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain also ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have demonstrated observing a shinier layer, minimized itching because of allergic reactions, improved energy as well as– sometimes– even some behavioral renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what regarding me– did I observe any type of type of change in Remy? I did observe a couple of huge adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less smelly– all basic indications of better wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t quickly observe until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his licking and also scraping . I didn’t make any kind of certain note or monitorings regarding his irritation when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
But, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and also damaging much more than he did before.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, indicating that he possibly has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been helping with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will experiment with various other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The precise rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension and requirements of your dog, yet Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However, this might be outside of several pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth considering some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating cost vs worth.
For one, cost-free delivery means time as well as initiative conserved because you won’t require to frequently check out PetSmart and also carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting might also indicate fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving major cash money gradually as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the idea of at the very least attempting as well as trying out with fresh dog food much more possible, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for digestion + may reduce some health issues and also allergy concerns
- Smaller, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still offering several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing along with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with the majority of puzzle playthings
- Somewhat much more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the same amount of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training work– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely provide Ollie a try if you want to offer your dog excellent grub.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an outstanding component checklist. While Ollie is a excellent option for any dog, owners of pet dogs who are particular eaters, have delicate bellies, or have suspicious poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth assessing and also trying on your own if the benefits deserve the price. While I didn’t see any type of miraculous changes in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he loved the food, and it looks like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you may have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog offers you those huge young puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Yet don’t fail to remember, you can additionally obtain great price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with a few of the deals discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?