Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Many proprietors discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergies, more energy, as well as far better overall health and wellness for their canines.
- Special discount for our visitors– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers straight shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods containing large quantities of genuine animal healthy protein and also body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does seem that several pet dogs that have formerly endured some belly problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting concerning Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the number one component, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No man-made flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe includes a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip evaluation as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable area for his eats– just a great excuse to round off the ice cream), I review the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, but I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and also– I need to claim– really, really valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really simple to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a roaming item of food mistake. Easier cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to one more without any progressive shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the reason I constantly examine folks who claim that a specific brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could concern not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before lastly switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever made any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or rests up until I call him over for supper.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude certainly appears to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, and the copious quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely enjoys consuming his supper out of challenge toys, I was originally a little worried about switching to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is wet and sticky , much of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply determined to start making use of more LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it functioned out great.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding device to use together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is very calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have testified to seeing a shinier coat, reduced itching because of allergies, boosted power and– in many cases– also some behavioral enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I discover any type of kind of change in Remy? I did notice a couple of huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and a lot less smelly– all basic signs of improved wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not right away notice up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for a long time now, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his scratching as well as licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of particular note or monitorings regarding his itching.
However, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching as well as scraping much more than he did in the past.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, suggesting that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This indicates I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will certainly try out various other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically low-cost.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the size and also demands of your dog, however Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this might be beyond several pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining price vs worth.
For one, totally free delivery means time and also initiative conserved given that you will not need to on a regular basis go to PetSmart and carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can also indicate less trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving severe money gradually and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t fail to remember– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the idea of at the very least attempting and also trying out with fresh dog food much more achievable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for food digestion + may relieve some wellness problems as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t call for cautious handling like raw food does, while still offering a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included ease as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with the majority of challenge toys
- Somewhat much more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly give Ollie a shot if you want to use your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an outstanding ingredient listing. While Ollie is a excellent option for any kind of dog, proprietors of canines who are choosy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have suspicious poops will particularly take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at least worth attempting and also evaluating on your own if the advantages are worth the price. While I didn’t see any type of amazing modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were excellent, he was crazy about the food, as well as it appears like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those huge pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you might have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with very little processing to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the size of your dog (bigger canines require ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t neglect, you can also obtain amazing discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally boasts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?