Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Numerous owners discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergic reactions, more energy, and far better general health and wellness for their dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our viewers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods including large quantities of actual animal healthy protein as well as body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does seem that several pets that have actually previously experienced some tummy problems or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting regarding Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats as well as body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish consists of a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other yummy ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable area for his eats– just a good reason to finish off the gelato), I go through the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable as well as– I have to state– really, actually beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a stray piece of food mistake. Easier clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to another without any progressive transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I always question individuals that claim that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it could pertain to not effectively moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to ultimately switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never gained any kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally just socializes or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get really antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His modification in mindset absolutely appears to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, and also the large amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely loves eating his dinner out of problem playthings, I was originally a little nervous about switching to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is damp and also sticky , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just chose to begin using extra LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and it exercised great.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable tool to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is extremely soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous proprietors have testified to discovering a shinier coat, decreased itching because of allergic reactions, enhanced energy and– in some cases– also some behavioral renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what regarding me– did I see any type of sort of modification in Remy? I did discover a few big adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all basic indicators of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not immediately see until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his damaging and licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any specific note or monitorings concerning his irritation.
When switching over off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and scraping much more than he did in the past.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This means I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will explore various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the dimension and demands of your dog, however Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this may be outside of many pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, totally free shipment means time and also initiative saved given that you won’t require to consistently check out PetSmart and lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term can additionally suggest fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving significant cash over time as well as possibly extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t fail to remember– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-lasting, it definitely makes the idea of at the very least experimenting and attempting with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for digestion + might alleviate some health issues and allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t require careful taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included benefit as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food choice
- Not suitable with a lot of challenge toys
- A little much more work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely offer Ollie a try if you desire to provide your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an outstanding component list. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any type of dog, owners of canines that are fussy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have doubtful poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at least worth reviewing and trying for yourself if the advantages are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he adored the food, and it feels like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
Beware– you may have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog gives you those big puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with marginal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs need ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can likewise obtain amazing price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts outstanding protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Includes adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?