Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Lots of owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergies, even more power, and also far better general health for their pet dogs.
- Special discount for our viewers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to concentrate on top quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods containing huge quantities of genuine pet protein and also body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to say for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, yet it does seem that many pet dogs that have formerly suffered some tummy issues or allergies do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting about Ollie’s component list:
- Genuine meat is the primary component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as whole meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could eat it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish contains a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie supplies four recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip review also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial room for his consumes– simply a excellent justification to finish off the gelato), I read through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, but I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable as well as– I have to say– really, truly valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packets likewise have a little a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Much easier cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to another with no progressive change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine people who claim that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can involve not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to lastly changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little excessive.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever gained any type of response from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
But, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and also make him wait!
His modification in attitude definitely seems to indicate that he’s a large fan. That, and the large quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely likes eating his supper out of challenge playthings, I was initially a little anxious concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and also wet , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply chose to start making use of a lot more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable tool to use together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to complete it, as well as the licking activity is extremely calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep also ultra-hungry canines occupied for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous owners have testified to noticing a shinier layer, lowered itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted power and also– in some cases– also some behavioral renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I notice any type of type of change in Remy? I did notice a couple of big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and a lot less smelly– all basic indicators of enhanced wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not right away observe until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy child for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his scraping and licking . I didn’t make any particular note or monitorings concerning his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
However, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching and scraping a lot more than he did before.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been helping with. This suggests I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will explore various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The exact rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the size and needs of your dog, yet Ollie prices approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Sadly, this might be beyond several pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating price vs worth.
For one, complimentary delivery means time as well as effort conserved since you won’t need to consistently visit PetSmart and also carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting might also imply fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving significant money gradually as well as possibly extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the concept of at the very least attempting and also trying out with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for digestion + might relieve some health concerns as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t call for mindful managing like raw food does, while still providing a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added convenience as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with many challenge playthings
- Slightly more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely provide Ollie a shot if you desire to provide your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an impressive component checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any kind of dog, proprietors of dogs that are choosy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at least worth attempting and evaluating for yourself if the benefits are worth the price. While I didn’t see any type of amazing changes in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he adored the food, as well as it appears like the food might have helped with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those big young puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff, beware– you might have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with marginal processing to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the size of your dog ( larger pet dogs require ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t neglect, you can likewise obtain wonderful price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains pointed out in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?