Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Many proprietors find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergic reactions, more energy, as well as much better general health and wellness for their pets.
- Special discount for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on high quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods including large amounts of actual pet protein and organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, yet it does seem that several canines that have formerly suffered some stomach issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary component, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats as well as body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you can consume it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish consists of a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial room for his eats– just a great excuse to round off the ice cream), I go through the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I need to say– truly, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn clean– I rarely had a stray piece of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one kind of food to another without any gradual transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I constantly examine folks that assert that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can concern not correctly moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before lastly switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he could have liked it a little excessive.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never made any kind of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in perspective absolutely seems to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, and also the massive amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little worried regarding switching to fresh dog food since Remy definitely loves consuming his dinner out of puzzle playthings.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is wet and sticky , most of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply decided to begin using a lot more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable device to use along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, and also the licking movement is really soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have actually testified to discovering a shinier layer, minimized itching because of allergic reactions, boosted energy and also– sometimes– also some behavior renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I discover any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a few big modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also much less stinky– all general signs of better health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not quickly notice until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his licking and also damaging . I didn’t make any type of certain note or observations regarding his irritation when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
However, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and scratching a lot more than he did in the past.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This indicates I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will certainly experiment with other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will rely on the dimension and needs of your dog, but Ollie expenses about anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of many pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating price vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time and effort saved since you will not need to routinely visit PetSmart and also carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting could additionally mean fewer trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving severe money with time and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last lasting, it certainly makes the idea of at the very least trying and exploring with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for digestion + might alleviate some health problems as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Does not need careful handling like raw food does, while still supplying some of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with the majority of puzzle playthings
- Somewhat a lot more job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely give Ollie a shot if you want to provide your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an outstanding component checklist. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any kind of dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are particular eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will particularly gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at least worth evaluating and also trying for yourself if the benefits deserve the price. While I really did not see any incredible modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he loved the food, and also it seems like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those huge pup dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things, beware– you could have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with very little processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog ( larger canines require ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can also get amazing discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the bargains mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?