Ollie Dog Food Order
Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Lots of owners discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, even more power, as well as far better total health and wellness for their dogs.
- Special discount for our readers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that supplies straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big quantities of actual animal protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to say for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does seem that numerous pets that have formerly endured some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting regarding Ollie’s component listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as whole meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe consists of a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other tasty ingredients.
Ollie uses four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video evaluation as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his eats– just a great justification to finish off the gelato), I check out the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming as well as– I have to state– really, truly beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a little a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter rather darn clean– I rarely had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Less complicated cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one type of food to one more without any steady change is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly examine people that claim that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it could have to do with not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, before ultimately changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he may have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever earned any type of type of response from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs around or rests until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset certainly appears to show that he’s a large fan. That, and also the large quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little anxious regarding switching over to fresh dog food because Remy definitely likes eating his supper out of problem playthings.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp and sticky , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply determined to begin utilizing more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable tool to utilize combined with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to finish it, and also the licking activity is very relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have actually testified to seeing a shinier coat, minimized itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted power and– in many cases– even some behavioral renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what concerning me– did I observe any kind of modification in Remy? I did see a few big modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all general indicators of improved health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not quickly notice up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his scratching as well as licking . I didn’t make any certain note or observations concerning his itchiness when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching and also scraping a lot more than he did in the past.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, showing that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This means I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will try out other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly cheap.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the size as well as needs of your dog, but Ollie prices approximately anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this might be outside of many pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining price vs value.
For one, totally free delivery means time as well as effort saved since you will not require to on a regular basis visit PetSmart and also carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting can likewise suggest less trips to the veterinarian’s office, saving serious cash with time and also potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t neglect– Our viewers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the idea of a minimum of trying as well as exploring with fresh dog food far more possible, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for digestion + might minimize some health and wellness problems and also allergy concerns
- Smaller, stronger, less odorous poops
- Does not need cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still providing several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included convenience as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with most challenge playthings
- Slightly much more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to supply your dog terrific grub, definitely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely top quality fresh food with an excellent active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any type of dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are choosy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth evaluating and also trying for yourself if the advantages deserve the cost. While I really did not see any type of amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he adored the food, and also it appears like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those huge young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, beware– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger pet dogs require ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
But do not fail to remember, you can likewise obtain amazing discounts on your first order of Ollie with several of the deals stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?