Ollie Dog Food On Stock Symbol
Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Numerous proprietors find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergies, even more power, and also better general health and wellness for their dogs.
- Special discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods containing big quantities of actual pet protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does seem that numerous pet dogs that have previously endured some tummy problems or allergies do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the leading ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as entire meats as well as organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are made by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you can consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe consists of a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other yummy ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant space for his consumes– simply a great excuse to round off the ice cream), I go through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I have to state– actually, actually useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly very easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Less complicated cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food button for that matter), it’s important to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to another without any steady change is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly examine folks that declare that a particular brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it can have to do with not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, before finally switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never earned any sort of response from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs around or rests until I call him over for dinner.
But, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to get really antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective definitely appears to show that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the massive amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes eating his dinner out of problem playthings, I was initially a little worried about changing to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and also damp , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just chose to begin making use of extra LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding device to utilize together with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to complete it, and also the licking movement is very relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry pets occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several proprietors have actually born witness seeing a shinier coat, lowered itching due to allergies, improved power and– in many cases– also some behavioral improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what about me– did I observe any type of modification in Remy? I did discover a few huge modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as much less stinky– all basic indications of improved wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not instantly observe until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his scraping and licking . I didn’t make any type of specific note or observations concerning his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching and scraping much even more than he did previously.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This implies I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will certainly explore other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will rely on the dimension and also demands of your dog, however Ollie costs roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of several pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing expense vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time and effort saved because you will not need to consistently go to PetSmart and also lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting can additionally imply fewer journeys to the vet’s office, conserving significant cash money gradually and also possibly expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of a minimum of attempting and trying out with fresh dog food far more possible, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for food digestion + may alleviate some health and wellness problems and allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t call for cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included convenience and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Includes cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food option
- Not suitable with most problem toys
- Slightly a lot more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to offer your dog fantastic grub, certainly provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an impressive active ingredient list. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any kind of dog, proprietors of canines that are choosy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will specifically benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth attempting and also evaluating on your own if the advantages deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he was crazy about the food, and also it looks like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you might have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those large puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with marginal handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog ( larger canines call for ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can additionally obtain superb discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?