Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Many owners find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, as well as much better total wellness for their canines.
- Unique price cut for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to focus on high quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods having big amounts of real animal protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does appear that lots of pet dogs that have formerly endured some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting concerning Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the top ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and also body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish contains a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious components.
Ollie offers four recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his consumes– simply a good excuse to round off the gelato), I go through the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I have to claim– actually, truly valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually easy to dig the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food mistake. Much easier cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s important to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to an additional without any steady shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I always examine people that claim that a specific brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can pertain to not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started out giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to ultimately switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little as well a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever gained any type of sort of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply socializes or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very impatient at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His modification in mindset certainly appears to show that he’s a big follower. That, and the large quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely likes consuming his dinner out of problem toys, I was at first a little worried about changing to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is wet and sticky , most of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just chose to begin making use of a lot more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs as well as it functioned out great.
LickiMats are a rather amazing tool to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and the licking activity is very soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry pets occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several owners have actually born witness seeing a shinier layer, lowered itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced power as well as– sometimes– also some behavioral renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I observe any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a couple of big adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all basic indications of better health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not quickly see up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his damaging and licking . I really did not make any specific note or monitorings regarding his itching when I changed Remy to Ollie.
However, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and also damaging a lot more than he did in the past.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This implies I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will certainly experiment with other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The specific cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size as well as demands of your dog, but Ollie prices about anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outdoors of several pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves taking into consideration some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing cost vs worth.
For one, cost-free delivery means time as well as effort conserved since you will not need to regularly go to PetSmart and also carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting can likewise indicate fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving major money with time as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it definitely makes the idea of a minimum of experimenting as well as attempting with fresh dog food far more possible, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + may relieve some health issues and allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, less odorous poops
- Does not call for cautious handling like raw food does, while still supplying several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included benefit and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with a lot of challenge playthings
- A little more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same amount of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly provide Ollie a try if you desire to offer your dog great grub.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an excellent ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a great choice for any kind of dog, proprietors of dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have doubtful poops will specifically gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at least worth assessing and also attempting on your own if the advantages deserve the cost. While I really did not see any kind of miraculous changes in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he adored the food, and also it appears like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those big puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with marginal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog ( larger pets call for ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Yet do not neglect, you can also get amazing discount rates on your first order of Ollie with a few of the deals mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts remarkable healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?