Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Many owners find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergies, more power, and far better general health and wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount for our readers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides direct distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on top quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods including huge amounts of real pet healthy protein and also body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does seem that several dogs that have actually previously experienced some belly problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary active ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as whole meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are made by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No man-made flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you can consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish includes a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious components.
Ollie provides 4 recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip review also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his consumes– just a excellent reason to finish off the ice cream), I check out the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable as well as– I have to state– actually, actually useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Much easier cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one sort of food to another with no progressive shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I always examine folks that assert that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it could have to do with not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to finally switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little also much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never made any sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just socializes or rests until I call him over for supper.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His modification in attitude certainly seems to suggest that he’s a big fan. That, and also the large quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely likes consuming his dinner out of problem toys, I was at first a little nervous about switching to fresh dog food.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is damp and also sticky , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply determined to begin making use of much more LickiMats and packed Kongs and it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable tool to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, and also the licking activity is really calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry pets occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have testified to noticing a shinier coat, lowered itching due to allergic reactions, improved energy and also– in many cases– even some behavior improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I notice any kind of change in Remy? I did see a few big modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and much less stinky– all general indicators of improved health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t immediately notice until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his licking and also scratching . I really did not make any type of particular note or observations regarding his irritation when I changed Remy to Ollie.
However, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching as well as scratching a lot more than he did previously.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This suggests I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will explore various other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The exact cost of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the size as well as needs of your dog, yet Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
However, this might be outside of numerous pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining price vs worth.
For one, totally free distribution means time and also effort saved because you won’t need to consistently go to PetSmart and lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could likewise mean fewer journeys to the vet’s office, conserving serious money with time and possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the idea of at the very least trying and also exploring with fresh dog food much more achievable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for food digestion + might alleviate some health and wellness concerns and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need careful dealing with like raw food does, while still providing some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food option
- Not compatible with a lot of puzzle playthings
- A little much more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to supply your dog excellent grub, definitely give Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any kind of dog, proprietors of canines that are choosy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have suspicious poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth evaluating as well as trying on your own if the benefits are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he adored the food, and also it seems like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you could have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog provides you those large puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with minimal processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs need ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Yet do not forget, you can also get wonderful price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with a few of the deals mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?