Ollie Dog Food Nyc Office
Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Numerous owners find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, and also better total health for their dogs.
- Unique price cut for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to focus on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing big amounts of real pet healthy protein as well as body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, but it does appear that several dogs that have formerly experienced some belly concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting concerning Ollie’s component checklist:
- Actual meat is the leading active ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish contains a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable area for his consumes– simply a great justification to finish off the ice cream), I check out the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and– I need to state– actually, really useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a little a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food mistake. Simpler clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to another without any progressive shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I constantly examine folks that claim that a certain brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might pertain to not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more couple of days, before ultimately switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little way too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never made any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really restless at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in perspective certainly seems to show that he’s a large fan. That, as well as the massive amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely loves eating his supper out of puzzle toys, I was originally a little anxious concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is wet as well as sticky , most of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to begin utilizing much more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a rather awesome tool to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, and the licking movement is very relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of proprietors have actually testified to seeing a shinier coat, lowered itching as a result of allergies, improved energy and– in many cases– also some behavioral improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what regarding me– did I discover any kind of kind of change in Remy? I did discover a couple of huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all general indicators of improved wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not immediately see up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his licking as well as scraping . I didn’t make any kind of specific note or observations concerning his itchiness when I changed Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and also scraping far more than he did previously.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, suggesting that he probably has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This implies I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will certainly experiment with various other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The exact rate of your Ollie delivery will depend on the size and demands of your dog, yet Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
However, this may be beyond several pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating price vs value.
For one, complimentary shipment means time and effort saved because you will not require to regularly visit PetSmart as well as lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting can also suggest less trips to the vet’s workplace, saving serious cash over time as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at the very least attempting and also exploring with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + may relieve some health and wellness concerns as well as allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t require mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still offering a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with most puzzle toys
- Slightly more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely provide Ollie a shot if you desire to offer your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an excellent active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any kind of dog, owners of pets that are particular eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth attempting as well as examining on your own if the advantages deserve the price. While I really did not see any type of amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he adored the food, and also it looks like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those big pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, be cautious– you could have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with very little processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog (bigger dogs call for ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
However do not forget, you can also obtain fantastic discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with several of the deals stated in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?