Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Many proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergies, more power, and also much better total health and wellness for their dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on top quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having large quantities of actual pet healthy protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does seem that many pet dogs that have previously experienced some tummy problems or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting concerning Ollie’s component checklist:
- Genuine meat is the primary active ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats as well as organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No fabricated flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie uses four recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video review too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant area for his eats– just a good excuse to finish off the gelato), I review the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I need to state– actually, really helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a stray piece of food mistake. Simpler clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one sort of food to an additional with no gradual change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I constantly examine folks that declare that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might concern not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, before ultimately switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever made any sort of response from Remy in the past. He usually just socializes or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset definitely appears to suggest that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the massive amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of problem toys, I was originally a little worried about changing to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and damp , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply made a decision to start utilizing extra LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it worked out great.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome device to make use of along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to complete it, and the licking movement is very soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry pets inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous owners have demonstrated seeing a shinier layer, minimized itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted energy and also– sometimes– also some behavioral enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what regarding me– did I see any type of sort of modification in Remy? I did discover a few huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and much less stinky– all basic indicators of enhanced health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not quickly observe till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for a long time now, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his licking as well as damaging . I didn’t make any certain note or observations regarding his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot more than he did before.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, showing that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This implies I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly try out various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the size and demands of your dog, yet Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outside of lots of pet parents’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it deserves thinking about a few of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing expense vs value.
For one, cost-free shipment means time as well as initiative conserved considering that you will not need to frequently check out PetSmart as well as haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term could likewise indicate less journeys to the vet’s office, conserving severe money with time and also potentially extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of at least exploring and also trying with fresh dog food a lot more possible, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + may reduce some health and wellness problems as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller, firmer, less odorous poops
- Does not require mindful managing like raw food does, while still providing a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for added convenience and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food choice
- Not suitable with a lot of puzzle toys
- Slightly much more job than feeding kibble (although about the very same amount of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training work– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to supply your dog great grub, definitely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an remarkable component listing. While Ollie is a great option for any type of dog, proprietors of dogs that are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have doubtful poops will specifically take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth trying as well as examining for yourself if the advantages deserve the cost. While I really did not see any type of incredible changes in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he adored the food, and it looks like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you may have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog gives you those big puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with very little handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs need ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can also get wonderful price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?