Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Numerous owners find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more energy, and also better overall health for their dogs.
- Special price cut for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to focus on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large quantities of actual pet healthy protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does appear that numerous canines that have actually formerly endured some belly concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting regarding Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the leading component, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are created by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No synthetic flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe contains a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie provides four dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his consumes– simply a excellent excuse to finish off the ice cream), I go through the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I have to state– truly, actually useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly simple to dig the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray item of food make a mess. Much easier cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one type of food to another without any gradual shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I always examine folks that declare that a particular brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might concern not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, before lastly changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever made any kind of response from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs around or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His change in perspective absolutely appears to show that he’s a big follower. That, and the large quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little nervous concerning switching to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely enjoys eating his supper out of challenge playthings.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp and also sticky , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply determined to begin using more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a quite incredible device to utilize together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and also the licking activity is extremely calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several owners have born witness seeing a shinier coat, decreased itching due to allergies, enhanced energy and also– sometimes– even some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I notice any kind of kind of change in Remy? I did see a few large modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less stinky– all basic indications of enhanced wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t quickly see till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy child for a long time now, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his licking and also scraping . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of specific note or monitorings regarding his irritation.
When changing off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching as well as scratching a lot more than he did before.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, indicating that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This indicates I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will try out various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly cheap.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the size and demands of your dog, yet Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this might be beyond numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining expense vs value.
For one, complimentary distribution means time as well as initiative saved since you will not require to routinely go to PetSmart and also haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting might additionally indicate fewer trips to the vet’s workplace, saving major cash money over time and potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of at the very least trying out as well as trying with fresh dog food much more attainable, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for food digestion + may relieve some health and wellness issues as well as allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t call for careful managing like raw food does, while still providing a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included convenience as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food choice
- Not suitable with most challenge playthings
- Slightly extra job than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just does not work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to offer your dog great grub, certainly give Ollie a try.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an impressive active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any kind of dog, proprietors of dogs who are particular eaters, have delicate bellies, or have doubtful poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth assessing and trying on your own if the advantages deserve the cost. While I really did not see any type of remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he was crazy about the food, and also it appears like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
Be cautious– you might have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog offers you those large puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal processing to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog (bigger canines require ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Yet do not neglect, you can likewise obtain fantastic discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with a few of the bargains stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also boasts remarkable protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?