Ollie Dog Food Number
Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Several proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergies, even more power, and far better overall health for their dogs.
- Unique price cut for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that offers straight delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods including big quantities of genuine animal healthy protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does seem that several pet dogs that have actually formerly experienced some stomach concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Real meat is the primary component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats as well as organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No man-made flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish includes a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video evaluation also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his eats– simply a excellent justification to finish off the ice cream), I go through the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I have to say– really, really helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I rarely had a stray piece of food mistake. Less complicated clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to another without any progressive shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly question individuals that claim that a specific brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can have to do with not properly migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional number of days, before ultimately switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he may have liked it a little too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever made any type of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
However, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to get really impatient at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective definitely seems to suggest that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the generous quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of challenge toys, I was initially a little nervous regarding changing to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky as well as wet , most of our favored kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to begin utilizing more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite amazing tool to use together with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to complete it, and the licking motion is very relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain also ultra-hungry pets occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have actually born witness noticing a shinier layer, lowered itching as a result of allergies, boosted power and– in many cases– even some behavior renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I observe any kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a few large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and much less smelly– all general indications of improved health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not promptly notice until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his licking and also scratching . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of specific note or monitorings regarding his itchiness.
When changing off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching and scraping much even more than he did in the past.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had been helping with. This suggests I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will certainly experiment with various other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the size and also requirements of your dog, yet Ollie prices about anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of numerous pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining cost vs worth.
For one, free shipment means time and also effort conserved since you will not require to consistently see PetSmart as well as haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting might additionally mean less trips to the veterinarian’s office, saving severe money gradually as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at least exploring and trying with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for digestion + might alleviate some wellness problems and allergic reaction issues
- Smaller, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Does not call for careful handling like raw food does, while still offering a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food option
- Not compatible with most puzzle toys
- A little much more job than feeding kibble (although about the same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely provide Ollie a try if you want to provide your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an outstanding ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any type of dog, proprietors of pets that are choosy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth examining and attempting for yourself if the advantages are worth the rate. While I really did not see any type of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were great, he loved the food, as well as it looks like the food might have helped with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those huge pup dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things, be cautious– you may have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger pets call for ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Yet don’t forget, you can additionally obtain amazing price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts outstanding protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?