Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Lots of proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergies, even more energy, and much better overall health for their pets.
- Special price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives straight delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge quantities of real pet protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, however it does seem that lots of dogs that have actually formerly suffered some stomach concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting concerning Ollie’s component list:
- Real meat is the primary component, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No artificial flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe has a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious ingredients.
Ollie provides four dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video clip testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial area for his eats– just a great excuse to finish off the gelato), I go through the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I need to say– truly, really helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I rarely had a roaming item of food mistake. Simpler cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one sort of food to one more with no gradual transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I always question individuals who assert that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might relate to not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to finally switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never made any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply socializes or rests till I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude certainly seems to indicate that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the copious amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little nervous concerning switching to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely likes eating his supper out of problem toys.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and also wet , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it functioned out great.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding device to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is extremely calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many proprietors have born witness observing a shinier layer, decreased itching due to allergic reactions, improved power and also– in many cases– even some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what about me– did I observe any kind of sort of modification in Remy? I did see a few large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and a lot less smelly– all basic indicators of better health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not instantly see till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy kid for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his licking and scratching . I really did not make any certain note or monitorings regarding his irritation when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
However, when turning off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and also scratching much more than he did before.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, showing that he possibly has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This suggests I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will certainly experiment with other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The precise cost of your Ollie shipment will depend on the size and also requirements of your dog, but Ollie costs approximately anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of lots of pet parents’ budget plans.
Nevertheless– it deserves taking into consideration a few of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining price vs worth.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and effort conserved considering that you won’t need to regularly see PetSmart as well as carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term could additionally suggest less journeys to the vet’s workplace, conserving serious money over time and also possibly prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-term, it absolutely makes the suggestion of a minimum of trying and also trying out with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for digestion + might ease some health and wellness problems and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Does not call for cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still offering some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of puzzle toys
- A little extra job than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training work– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply does not function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to provide your dog fantastic grub, most definitely offer Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely top quality fresh food with an excellent component checklist. While Ollie is a great alternative for any dog, owners of pet dogs who are fussy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have doubtful poops will specifically take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth reviewing as well as trying for yourself if the advantages are worth the price. While I really did not see any type of miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he was crazy about the food, and it appears like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those big young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff, beware– you might have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the size of your dog ( larger pets need ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
However do not fail to remember, you can also obtain wonderful price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the bargains mentioned in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?