Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Lots of owners locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more energy, and better overall wellness for their canines.
- Unique price cut for our viewers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives straight distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods containing large quantities of genuine pet healthy protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does seem that many pets that have actually previously endured some stomach concerns or allergies do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the primary active ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other yummy components.
Ollie uses four dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video clip evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his eats– just a good justification to finish off the gelato), I go through the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and– I have to claim– actually, truly beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I rarely had a stray item of food make a mess. Easier clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to one more with no steady shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I always examine people that declare that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it might concern not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we began offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for another number of days, prior to finally changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he may have liked it a little excessive.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever earned any type of kind of response from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs around or rests till I call him over for supper.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get very antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His change in mindset definitely appears to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, and the large amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely enjoys eating his supper out of challenge toys, I was initially a little worried regarding switching to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is wet as well as sticky , most of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to start using extra LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and also it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding device to use in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to finish it, and the licking movement is extremely relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have actually born witness seeing a shinier coat, reduced itching because of allergic reactions, improved power and– sometimes– also some behavior renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I notice any kind of kind of change in Remy? I did discover a couple of huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also much less smelly– all basic indicators of enhanced health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t quickly see until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his scraping and licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any particular note or monitorings concerning his irritation.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching and scraping much even more than he did before.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, indicating that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This indicates I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will certainly trying out other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically low-cost.
The exact price of your Ollie shipment will rely on the size and also requirements of your dog, yet Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outside of numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
Nevertheless– it is worth considering a few of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining expense vs worth.
For one, complimentary distribution means time as well as effort conserved considering that you will not require to on a regular basis go to PetSmart and carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term might additionally indicate less trips to the vet’s workplace, saving major cash money with time as well as potentially extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-term, it certainly makes the suggestion of at the very least exploring and also trying with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for food digestion + might relieve some health problems and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not require careful taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included convenience as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with a lot of problem toys
- A little a lot more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply does not function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely offer Ollie a shot if you desire to offer your dog great grub.
It’s a really premium fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any type of dog, proprietors of canines who are particular eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at the very least worth reviewing as well as attempting on your own if the benefits are worth the cost. While I really did not see any type of miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and also it feels like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you might have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog provides you those big young puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the size of your dog ( larger pets need ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t forget, you can likewise obtain wonderful price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts outstanding protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?