Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Several proprietors find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, and much better total health and wellness for their canines.
- Unique discount rate for our visitors– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides direct delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods including large quantities of genuine pet healthy protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does seem that many pet dogs that have actually previously experienced some belly problems or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s component checklist:
- Actual meat is the number one ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No fabricated flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you might consume it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe contains a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video review also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable space for his consumes– simply a great excuse to round off the gelato), I check out the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I have to claim– actually, really useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a roaming item of food make a mess. Easier cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to one more with no steady transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine people who declare that a particular brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it might pertain to not effectively moving your dog to a new food, rather than being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, prior to finally changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little excessive.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never gained any kind of type of response from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs around or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His change in mindset absolutely appears to show that he’s a large fan. That, and also the copious amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious about changing to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his supper out of puzzle playthings.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and damp , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to start making use of a lot more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and also it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable tool to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to finish it, and the licking activity is really calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous owners have demonstrated noticing a shinier layer, decreased itching as a result of allergic reactions, improved energy as well as– sometimes– also some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what concerning me– did I see any sort of change in Remy? I did discover a few big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all basic signs of improved health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not immediately observe until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy child for a long time now, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his licking and scraping . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of certain note or monitorings concerning his irritation.
But, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and also damaging a lot more than he did previously.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, indicating that he most likely has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This suggests I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will try out various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the dimension and also requirements of your dog, yet Ollie costs roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of lots of pet parents’ budget plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves considering several of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing price vs value.
For one, complimentary distribution means time and also effort saved since you won’t require to routinely check out PetSmart and lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could likewise mean less trips to the vet’s office, saving serious cash money with time and also possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last lasting, it definitely makes the idea of a minimum of trying and also exploring with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for food digestion + might reduce some wellness concerns as well as allergy issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for cautious managing like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food option
- Not compatible with most problem toys
- A little much more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training work– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just does not work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to supply your dog fantastic grub, certainly give Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient list. While Ollie is a great choice for any type of dog, owners of pet dogs that are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have doubtful poops will specifically benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth assessing and trying for yourself if the advantages deserve the rate. While I really did not see any miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he loved the food, as well as it looks like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those big puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things, be careful– you might have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the size of your dog (bigger dogs need ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
But don’t neglect, you can also get fantastic discounts on your first order of Ollie with several of the offers mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also boasts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?