Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Lots of owners discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergic reactions, more energy, as well as far better overall health for their pet dogs.
- Special price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that supplies straight distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods containing huge amounts of genuine pet healthy protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, but it does appear that several dogs that have previously suffered some stomach issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the primary ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats and body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish has a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other tasty components.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip evaluation as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some significant area for his consumes– simply a great reason to round off the gelato), I go through the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I have to claim– really, really helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packets likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I seldom had a stray piece of food make a mess. Less complicated cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s crucial to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one type of food to an additional with no steady change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I always examine individuals who declare that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can relate to not effectively moving your dog to a new food, instead of being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to ultimately changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he might have liked it a little way too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever earned any type of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs around or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His modification in perspective absolutely appears to show that he’s a large fan. That, and also the copious quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little nervous about changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely enjoys eating his dinner out of problem playthings.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and damp , most of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just determined to start making use of more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a rather awesome device to use together with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is really calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have actually demonstrated observing a shinier coat, decreased itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced energy and also– sometimes– even some behavior renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I notice any kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a few large changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also much less foul-smelling– all basic signs of better health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t right away notice up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his scratching as well as licking . I didn’t make any type of specific note or observations regarding his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching and scratching much more than he did previously.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This implies I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will explore other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will depend on the dimension and also demands of your dog, however Ollie expenses about anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this may be outside of several pet parents’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it is worth taking into consideration a few of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing price vs value.
For one, free shipment means time as well as effort saved given that you will not require to on a regular basis visit PetSmart and also haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting might additionally suggest fewer trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving major money over time and also possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it certainly makes the concept of at least attempting and experimenting with fresh dog food a lot more possible, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for digestion + may ease some health and wellness problems and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t need careful taking care of like raw food does, while still providing some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with many problem playthings
- Slightly more job than feeding kibble (although about the same amount of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely provide Ollie a try if you want to offer your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an excellent active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a great choice for any type of dog, owners of pet dogs that are fussy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at least worth attempting and examining for yourself if the benefits deserve the rate. While I really did not see any remarkable changes in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he loved the food, and also it seems like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
Beware– you may have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog offers you those big puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not forget, you can also get amazing discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?