Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Several proprietors find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more energy, and also much better overall health for their pets.
- Special discount for our viewers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods having huge quantities of actual pet healthy protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does seem that numerous pets that have previously endured some tummy problems or allergies do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Actual meat is the number one component, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish consists of a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie uses four dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his eats– simply a great reason to round off the ice cream), I go through the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I have to state– truly, truly beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food mistake. Less complicated cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to one more with no steady transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine people that declare that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can relate to not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, before lastly switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little also a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever earned any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or rests until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to get very anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and also make him wait!
His modification in attitude absolutely seems to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, as well as the generous quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely loves consuming his dinner out of challenge playthings, I was originally a little nervous regarding switching to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and also damp , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just chose to start utilizing a lot more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding device to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is extremely comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have actually testified to noticing a shinier layer, lowered itching due to allergic reactions, improved power and also– in some cases– even some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I observe any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a couple of huge adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as much less stinky– all general indications of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t promptly observe till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his licking and scratching . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of certain note or observations concerning his irritation.
But, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching as well as scratching a lot more than he did in the past.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, showing that he possibly has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This implies I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will try out various other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The precise cost of your Ollie shipment will rely on the size and demands of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this may be outside of several pet parents’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it deserves considering several of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing price vs worth.
For one, totally free shipment means time as well as initiative conserved since you won’t require to frequently see PetSmart and also haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting might also mean fewer journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving severe cash money in time as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not forget– Our readers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-term, it definitely makes the idea of at the very least exploring as well as trying with fresh dog food far more attainable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for digestion + may ease some health concerns and allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Does not need careful taking care of like raw food does, while still offering some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included benefit and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of puzzle playthings
- Slightly more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to supply your dog wonderful grub, certainly give Ollie a shot.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an impressive active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a excellent option for any type of dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are choosy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have questionable poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth evaluating and also attempting on your own if the benefits are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he was crazy about the food, and it looks like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you could have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog offers you those large young puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with minimal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog (bigger canines need ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
But do not fail to remember, you can additionally obtain fantastic discounts on your very first order of Ollie with a few of the bargains stated in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?