Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Lots of proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergies, more power, and much better general health for their pet dogs.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that offers direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to focus on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing large amounts of genuine pet protein and organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does seem that several dogs that have actually previously suffered some belly concerns or allergies do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting about Ollie’s component listing:
- Real meat is the top active ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as entire meats and also organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you can consume it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish has a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other yummy components.
Ollie provides 4 dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video clip review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his consumes– just a good excuse to finish off the ice cream), I go through the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I have to claim– truly, really valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually very easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray item of food mistake. Simpler clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to one more with no steady shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I always examine people who declare that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might have to do with not correctly moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, before finally switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever gained any type of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs out or rests up until I call him over for supper.
However, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very impatient at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude certainly seems to show that he’s a large fan. That, and the large amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little worried concerning changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes eating his supper out of problem toys.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and damp , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to begin making use of more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it functioned out terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding device to utilize combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and the licking activity is really calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry pets inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of proprietors have born witness discovering a shinier coat, lowered itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced energy as well as– sometimes– also some behavioral enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what concerning me– did I notice any type of change in Remy? I did discover a few large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also a lot less foul-smelling– all general indications of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not right away see up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy kid for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his damaging as well as licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of particular note or monitorings concerning his itching.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and scraping far more than he did in the past.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, indicating that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This means I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will explore various other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension as well as requirements of your dog, yet Ollie costs roughly anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of several pet parents’ spending plans.
However– it is worth thinking about a few of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing cost vs worth.
For one, cost-free delivery means time and also initiative conserved because you won’t need to consistently see PetSmart and also carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting might also indicate fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving significant cash money gradually as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at the very least trying and experimenting with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for food digestion + might relieve some health and wellness issues as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, less odorous poops
- Does not call for careful managing like raw food does, while still providing some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added comfort and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with the majority of problem playthings
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely provide Ollie a shot if you want to offer your dog great grub.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an outstanding ingredient listing. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any kind of dog, owners of canines who are choosy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will specifically take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at the very least worth reviewing as well as attempting for yourself if the advantages are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he loved the food, and it appears like the food may have helped with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those huge pup dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you could have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with very little processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
However do not fail to remember, you can additionally obtain fantastic price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with several of the deals mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?