Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Several owners find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergic reactions, more power, and also better general health for their canines.
- Unique price cut for our visitors– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to focus on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing large quantities of actual pet healthy protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, yet it does appear that many canines that have actually formerly endured some belly issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Real meat is the primary component, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as whole meats as well as organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No artificial flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might consume it, if you intended to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish includes a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other tasty components.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can check out our video evaluation also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant area for his consumes– simply a excellent justification to round off the ice cream), I go through the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable as well as– I have to say– truly, really useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Less complicated clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to one more without any progressive shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine folks who claim that a specific brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can relate to not correctly moving your dog to a new food, instead of being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more couple of days, before lastly changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never made any type of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just socializes or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His change in perspective absolutely appears to indicate that he’s a huge follower. That, as well as the copious amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely likes eating his dinner out of problem playthings, I was initially a little worried concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply made a decision to start making use of a lot more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs as well as it exercised excellent.
LickiMats are a rather incredible device to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and also the licking activity is extremely soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have testified to noticing a shinier coat, lowered itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced power as well as– sometimes– even some behavioral renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I discover any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a couple of big modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also much less stinky– all basic signs of better health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not promptly notice until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for a long time now, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his licking and also damaging . I really did not make any type of certain note or observations regarding his itching when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching as well as scratching a lot even more than he did in the past.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, indicating that he probably has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This suggests I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will experiment with various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely cheap.
The precise cost of your Ollie delivery will depend on the dimension and demands of your dog, however Ollie costs roughly anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of several pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing expense vs worth.
For one, totally free distribution means time as well as initiative conserved since you won’t need to on a regular basis visit PetSmart and also lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term might likewise indicate fewer journeys to the vet’s office, conserving serious cash money with time as well as potentially prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t fail to remember– Our visitors can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-term, it absolutely makes the concept of a minimum of trying out and also trying with fresh dog food far more attainable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for digestion + may ease some wellness concerns and also allergy issues
- Smaller, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Does not need cautious managing like raw food does, while still offering several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of problem toys
- A little much more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to provide your dog wonderful grub, certainly give Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an impressive component checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any type of dog, proprietors of pet dogs that are choosy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have doubtful poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at least worth attempting as well as examining on your own if the benefits deserve the price. While I really did not see any kind of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he was crazy about the food, and it looks like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those large pup dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things, be careful– you could have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs call for ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Yet do not forget, you can likewise get amazing discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with several of the bargains mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?