Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Many owners locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergies, even more power, as well as better total health and wellness for their canines.
- Unique discount for our visitors– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on high quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods having big quantities of actual pet healthy protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does appear that lots of canines that have formerly experienced some stomach issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the primary component, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats and organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie supplies four recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his consumes– just a great reason to round off the gelato), I read through the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and– I need to state– actually, really valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter rather darn clean– I rarely had a roaming item of food mistake. Much easier cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to another with no progressive shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I always examine individuals who claim that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can have to do with not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more couple of days, before ultimately changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever earned any type of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs out or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
However, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His modification in mindset absolutely seems to suggest that he’s a huge fan. That, and also the copious amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his dinner out of challenge playthings, I was initially a little anxious concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , most of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to start using more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite awesome tool to utilize along with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, as well as the licking activity is very calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have actually demonstrated seeing a shinier coat, lowered itching as a result of allergies, enhanced power and also– in some cases– even some behavioral enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a few huge changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and much less stinky– all general signs of improved health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not instantly observe until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his scratching and licking . I didn’t make any kind of certain note or monitorings concerning his itching when I changed Remy to Ollie.
But, when turning off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and also scratching a lot more than he did previously.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, showing that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This indicates I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will experiment with various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The exact cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the size and demands of your dog, but Ollie costs roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this might be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it is worth considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and initiative saved considering that you will not require to frequently check out PetSmart and haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can likewise indicate fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving severe cash over time as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not fail to remember– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at least experimenting and attempting with fresh dog food far more possible, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + may alleviate some wellness issues as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller, firmer, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t need careful dealing with like raw food does, while still offering a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food option
- Not suitable with many challenge playthings
- Somewhat a lot more job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just does not function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely provide Ollie a try if you want to supply your dog excellent grub.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an excellent active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a great alternative for any dog, owners of dogs that are fussy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will specifically benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at least worth examining and also trying for yourself if the benefits deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any kind of miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were great, he was crazy about the food, as well as it feels like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those big puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff, beware– you may have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the size of your dog (bigger canines require ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not neglect, you can additionally obtain fantastic price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?