Ollie Dog Food Log In
Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Lots of proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergic reactions, more power, and also far better overall health and wellness for their pets.
- Unique price cut for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that offers straight distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods including big quantities of genuine pet healthy protein as well as body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does appear that many pet dogs that have actually formerly endured some belly issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s component checklist:
- Genuine meat is the primary active ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as whole meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No synthetic tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you might consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish includes a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other tasty ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip evaluation as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some significant area for his eats– just a excellent justification to round off the ice cream), I read through the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I have to claim– really, truly useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really simple to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray item of food mistake. Simpler cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one kind of food to one more with no steady shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I always examine individuals who declare that a particular brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it can involve not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to ultimately switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he might have liked it a little way too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever made any kind of type of response from Remy in the past. He generally just socializes or rests until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in mindset certainly seems to suggest that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the generous quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little worried concerning changing to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely loves eating his dinner out of problem playthings.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky as well as wet , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply decided to start using extra LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding device to use in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is really calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry pets inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have born witness noticing a shinier layer, lowered itching due to allergies, improved power and also– in some cases– even some behavioral enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I notice any kind of modification in Remy? I did see a couple of huge adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as a lot less stinky– all general signs of improved wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t quickly see till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy kid for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his scratching and licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of certain note or observations regarding his itchiness.
But, when turning off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching as well as scratching far more than he did before.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, suggesting that he probably has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been aiding with. This indicates I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will try out other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The exact rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the size as well as demands of your dog, however Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of lots of pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating price vs worth.
For one, complimentary delivery means time as well as effort conserved given that you will not need to regularly check out PetSmart and also carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting could also suggest fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving serious money gradually as well as potentially extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at least experimenting as well as attempting with fresh dog food much more possible, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for food digestion + might ease some health and wellness problems and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need cautious managing like raw food does, while still offering several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with many puzzle toys
- Somewhat more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the same amount of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training work– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely give Ollie a shot if you desire to use your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an remarkable ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any dog, owners of dogs that are picky eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at the very least worth assessing as well as trying for yourself if the advantages are worth the price. While I really did not see any amazing modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and also it seems like the food might have aided with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those big puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, beware– you could have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal processing to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the size of your dog (bigger canines need ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not forget, you can also get great price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts impressive protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?