Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Several owners find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergic reactions, more power, as well as far better general health and wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount for our readers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods having huge quantities of actual pet healthy protein and organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, yet it does seem that many canines that have formerly experienced some stomach concerns or allergies do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the top component, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are made by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video clip evaluation as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant room for his eats– just a good excuse to finish off the gelato), I go through the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I have to claim– actually, truly beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly simple to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Much easier cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to one more with no gradual transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I always examine people who assert that a particular brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might pertain to not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we began providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for another number of days, before ultimately switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little way too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever made any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs out or rests up until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really restless at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude absolutely appears to show that he’s a huge follower. That, and the large quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little nervous regarding switching over to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely loves consuming his supper out of challenge playthings.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply determined to start using more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding device to make use of combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is really relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many proprietors have actually demonstrated discovering a shinier coat, minimized itching due to allergies, improved energy and– in many cases– even some behavior renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a few big modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as much less smelly– all general indications of improved health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t right away discover till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his licking and scraping . I really did not make any type of particular note or monitorings regarding his itchiness when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching and also scratching a lot even more than he did before.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This means I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will explore various other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the size as well as needs of your dog, however Ollie prices roughly anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of numerous pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing expense vs worth.
For one, complimentary shipment means time and initiative saved given that you won’t need to on a regular basis check out PetSmart and haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term can also mean fewer trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving major cash money gradually and potentially prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Do not fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of at least exploring and trying with fresh dog food a lot more possible, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for digestion + might relieve some health concerns and allergy problems
- Smaller, stronger, less odorous poops
- Does not need mindful handling like raw food does, while still giving a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with most puzzle playthings
- A little much more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just does not function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly provide Ollie a try if you want to use your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an remarkable component list. While Ollie is a great choice for any dog, owners of dogs that are particular eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have questionable poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at least worth trying as well as evaluating for yourself if the benefits are worth the price. While I didn’t see any miraculous changes in Remy, his poop renovation were great, he adored the food, as well as it seems like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those big young puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs need ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
But do not neglect, you can likewise obtain amazing price cuts on your first order of Ollie with a few of the bargains stated in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise flaunts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?