Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Lots of owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergies, more energy, as well as far better total health and wellness for their canines.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on high quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge amounts of actual pet protein and organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does appear that lots of pet dogs that have previously suffered some stomach issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting about Ollie’s component list:
- Actual meat is the top ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and also organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are created by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe includes a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other delicious components.
Ollie supplies 4 dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip review too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his consumes– just a excellent excuse to finish off the ice cream), I review the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and also– I need to say– really, really useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I rarely had a stray item of food make a mess. Simpler clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to one more with no steady shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I constantly examine people that declare that a particular brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might involve not properly moving your dog to a new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before finally changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he might have liked it a little way too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never made any type of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs around or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to get really anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His modification in mindset definitely appears to suggest that he’s a large follower. That, and the massive quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely likes eating his dinner out of problem playthings, I was at first a little worried concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and damp , most of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply determined to begin making use of much more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and also it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a rather incredible device to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to finish it, as well as the licking movement is extremely comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many proprietors have testified to observing a shinier layer, reduced itching because of allergic reactions, improved power and also– in some cases– even some behavior renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what concerning me– did I see any type of type of modification in Remy? I did see a few big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also much less smelly– all basic indications of better health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t right away observe up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his scratching and licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any certain note or monitorings concerning his itching.
But, when switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching as well as scraping far more than he did previously.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, indicating that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This indicates I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will explore other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have imagined, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The specific rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size and demands of your dog, but Ollie expenses about anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Sadly, this might be outside of several pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining expense vs worth.
For one, complimentary shipment means time and also initiative conserved because you will not require to consistently go to PetSmart and also haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting could also suggest less trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving significant money with time and also possibly extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-term, it absolutely makes the idea of at the very least attempting and also experimenting with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for digestion + may alleviate some health issues and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with most challenge playthings
- A little more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the same amount of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to provide your dog wonderful grub, definitely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an outstanding component checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any kind of dog, owners of pets that are fussy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have doubtful poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at least worth assessing as well as attempting for yourself if the benefits are worth the cost. While I really did not see any kind of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and it feels like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those large pup dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, be careful– you could have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs call for ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Yet do not forget, you can also obtain great price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with a few of the deals pointed out in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?