Ollie Dog Food Launch
Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Many proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergic reactions, more energy, and much better general health and wellness for their canines.
- Special discount for our visitors– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods including large amounts of actual pet healthy protein as well as organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, yet it does seem that numerous dogs that have actually formerly suffered some stomach issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting regarding Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the number one ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats as well as organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe consists of a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy components.
Ollie provides four recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial room for his eats– just a good reason to finish off the gelato), I review the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I need to say– actually, really useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly easy to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I seldom had a stray piece of food mistake. Less complicated clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to an additional without any gradual shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I always examine people who assert that a specific brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might relate to not properly moving your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to lastly switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever earned any kind of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to get really anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His modification in perspective certainly appears to show that he’s a large fan. That, as well as the generous quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely likes eating his supper out of challenge playthings, I was at first a little nervous about switching over to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and also wet , many of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just chose to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out great.
LickiMats are a quite amazing device to make use of along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to complete it, as well as the licking motion is really relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry canines occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of proprietors have testified to observing a shinier layer, reduced itching as a result of allergies, boosted energy and– in many cases– also some behavioral enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I notice any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a couple of huge adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as much less smelly– all basic indications of better health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t instantly observe up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy child for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his licking and scratching . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of certain note or monitorings concerning his irritation.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching as well as scratching much more than he did before.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This implies I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will explore various other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The specific cost of your Ollie delivery will depend on the dimension as well as requirements of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of many pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing price vs value.
For one, complimentary delivery means time and also effort conserved considering that you won’t need to frequently see PetSmart and also haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting could also mean fewer trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving severe cash money gradually as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t fail to remember– Our visitors can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-term, it definitely makes the concept of a minimum of trying as well as exploring with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for digestion + may minimize some health and wellness problems and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Does not require cautious managing like raw food does, while still giving some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food choice
- Not suitable with a lot of problem toys
- Somewhat extra work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to provide your dog great grub, absolutely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an impressive component checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any kind of dog, proprietors of dogs who are particular eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth evaluating and trying on your own if the benefits deserve the cost. While I really did not see any kind of amazing modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he was crazy about the food, and also it appears like the food might have aided with his allergies.
Beware– you could have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog gives you those big pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can likewise get fantastic discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise flaunts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?