Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more energy, as well as far better total health for their dogs.
- Special discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big amounts of genuine animal healthy protein as well as body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, however it does appear that numerous pet dogs that have formerly suffered some belly problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the leading active ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No synthetic tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you can eat it, if you wished to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish includes a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable area for his consumes– simply a good excuse to finish off the gelato), I check out the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I have to say– really, really helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray item of food make a mess. Simpler cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one type of food to another without any steady change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I constantly examine folks that claim that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could relate to not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to lastly switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he may have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never made any kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs around or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very restless at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His modification in attitude definitely seems to show that he’s a large follower. That, and the generous quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely likes eating his dinner out of problem playthings, I was initially a little worried concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is wet as well as sticky , many of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just decided to begin making use of much more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and it worked out great.
LickiMats are a rather awesome tool to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and also the licking activity is very comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several owners have demonstrated noticing a shinier layer, lowered itching as a result of allergies, improved energy as well as– sometimes– even some behavior improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I see any type of kind of change in Remy? I did observe a few huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less stinky– all general indications of better wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t right away discover up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his scratching as well as licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of particular note or observations concerning his itchiness.
But, when turning off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and scraping a lot more than he did before.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been helping with. This means I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will trying out other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The precise price of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the dimension and demands of your dog, however Ollie prices approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of many pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing expense vs worth.
For one, complimentary shipment means time as well as effort saved given that you will not need to on a regular basis visit PetSmart as well as lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could likewise mean less trips to the vet’s office, conserving significant cash money over time as well as possibly extending your pooch’s life-span.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the concept of at the very least attempting as well as exploring with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for food digestion + might reduce some health and wellness concerns as well as allergy problems
- Smaller, firmer, less odorous poops
- Does not require cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included benefit as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food alternative
- Not compatible with most puzzle playthings
- Slightly more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely provide Ollie a shot if you desire to offer your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any kind of dog, proprietors of pets who are picky eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth attempting and evaluating on your own if the benefits deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any type of remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he adored the food, and also it seems like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those big puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things, be careful– you may have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger pet dogs need ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However don’t neglect, you can also get great discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals mentioned in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally flaunts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Includes charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?